Research Grants Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Research Grants Manager position plays an integral role in the direct support of the Foundation’s grant funding and sponsored project contracting.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Managing all aspects of research grant payment and administration, including correspondence, payments, filing, and maintenance of grant awards.
- Manage contracting with all companies & academic institutions.
- Act as key contact for clients, grants applicants, awardees, institutions and external vendors in an expedient and timely manner.
- Processing and drafting grant/sponsored project correspondence and email.
- Maintaining grant award files and sponsored project contracts.
- Manage the planning and coordination of annual grants calendar and timelines, including meeting schedules, application submission deadlines, and internal deadlines in coordination with Research Programs colleagues.
- Collaborating with other the members of Research Programs in fulfilling their responsibilities and functions.
Scientific Review Management
- Providing support to applicants as needed either by phone or email.
- Working with Research Team to process grant applications and ensuring applications meet application standards.
- Ensuring all data has been appropriately entered in the application database.
- In collaboration with Research Team, preparing budgets for approved grants, fellowships, and other research programs for internal use.
- Compiling data for award letter preparation and the preparation of award files.
- Ensuring that all necessary documents are complete prior to award start-up.
Grants and Financial Management
- Providing ongoing support to funded investigators and their respective institutional colleagues.
- Coordinating annual and final research progress and financial reporting on funded programs.
- Processing of changes to existing grants/contracts/fellowships including no-cost extensions, transfers, re-budgeting, etc.
- Communicating altered timeframes, milestones, and payment schedules to appropriate staff (Accounting, Research, etc.).
- Serving as liaison with the Accounting Department concerning award budgets & payments.
- Supporting scientific staff in conducting program assessments and portfolio analysis for senior leadership.
- With the assistance of other research staff, maintain accurate records for all awards.
- Managing special research projects, sponsored projects, and others.
- Ensuring entry of financial and milestone information for funded programs.
- Coordination of annual budget for departmental operations.
- Ongoing monitoring and forecasting of department operating expenses against budget.
- Preparation of annual budgets for all research funding commitments.
- Ongoing monitoring and forecasting of funding commitments against budget.
- Management of the grants management system database including maintenance and updating of existing application processes, as well as developing new application interfaces as needed.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, preferably in the health sciences.
- Three to five years of grants administration experience in philanthropy and/or the nonprofit sector preferred. Minimum of three years of substantive administrative/project management experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgment, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and work independently, as well as with others, in a collaborative, often fast-paced, team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills with emphasis on respectful and tactful communications.
- Strong interpersonal skills, tolerance, and flexibility.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent writing and editing skills, including proofreading and copy editing.
- Proven advanced experience with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Grant database program experience, such as with Foundant GLM, a plus.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to email@example.com. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Research Grants Manager” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please