- Experience Level
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION: Please e-mail one PDF containing a cover letter, resume, and professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Development Manager supports all fundraising and communications initiatives of Kidz2Leaders, with a current, annual revenue goal of about $700,000. This is a part-time position with potential to transition into a full-time, salaried role.
Overview: Kidz2Leaders is a nonprofit organization that is breaking the cycle of incarceration by providing stability, opportunity, and a Christian community for children of inmates and their families. We help them rise above their circumstances, teach them to become leaders, and provide a life of hope through Christian programming and a loving environment. Camp Hope, our annual, six-day overnight camp, begins at age eight and is the entry point into more than a decade of program opportunities for our youth. The program continuum expands to include leadership development, career and life skills training, higher education scholarships, individual mentoring, alumni relations, and family support services.
• Maintain positive, ongoing relationships with current and prospective grant funders.
• Manage a detailed grants calendar with contacts, deadlines, & reporting requirements.
• Complete grant applications in a timely manner according to grants calendar.
• Work with Executive Director and Board of Directors to develop new grant partnerships.
Communication & PR:
• Develop an intricate understanding of K2L programs/strategic plans and the ability to articulate this in a variety of avenues.
• Manage external communications for both development and program activities.
• Support the creation of promotional materials for programs and events, in alignment with K2L branding.
• Coordinate media relations efforts to generate publicity for K2L events.
• Coordinate annual crowdfunding events such as Georgia Gives Day and Giving Tuesday.
• Cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors, keeping them informed about K2L news and events.
• Send timely and personal acknowledgement letters to all donors.
• Coordinate two to three annual fund campaigns per year.
• Work with Executive Director to identify prospective donors for new initiatives.
Planning & Administration
• Work in partnership with Executive Director and Director of Programs on strategic planning and goal setting for the organization.
• Maintain a detailed budget for all development activities.
• Communicate with program team to gather data as needed for fundraising proposals.
• Performs other duties as assigned to meet department, program, and agency needs.
Qualifications & Skills:
• A commitment to helping Kidz2Leaders increase revenue annually to support our ever-growing programs
• Exceptional writing and editing capabilities
• Precision and attention to detail (maintaining spreadsheets, deadlines, reporting requirements)
• A creative, entrepreneurial spirit and ability to think strategically about ways to generate new and alternative revenue streams
• Ability to engage in meaningful conversation about mission, vision, and programming with a diverse community of donors and supporters
• Experience using online platforms and technology to engage donors (social media, crowdfunding, e-marketing)
• Understanding of basic financial statements (revenue and expense reports, cash flow statements, budgets) and ability to adapt strategies based on the needs of the organization
• Ability to thrive on a small and highly collaborative staff team
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
• Three to five years of professional work experience, with a proven track record of successful fundraising efforts
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, and sit. Required to use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions.
Salary based on experience.