6 days left
- Experience Level
St Stephen’s Episcopal Church, located in Orinda, California, is seeking a full-time Parish Administrator. Founded in 1950, we are at a very important time in our parish history: growing new membership, investing in our property, and laying foundations for the next generation of parish and community leadership. We occupy a nearly 6-acre property comprising worship space, Preschool, and classroom and meeting spaces in use by parish and community groups nearly seven days a week all year long. A fifteen-member Vestry (board of directors) and an eight-person staff work with volunteer leaders and community members across a range of programs and committees (including Finance, Buildings and Grounds, Parish Life, and Outreach). The Parish Administrator is at the center of all this activity, supporting and coordinating all parish activities, working closely with staff and key parish leaders to ensure the smooth functioning of all administrative aspects of the organization. The position is full-time and we offer compensation commensurate with experience and with comparable regional norms. (Compensation includes health benefits, vacation and other paid time off, and participation in Church Pension Group retirement plans.)
The Parish Administrator reports directly to and works closely with the Rector (priest in charge), supports other staff and key volunteer leaders, and manages all affairs of the parish office.
General duties and responsibilities will include:
1. All administrative aspects of the parish including handling contracts, invoices, and payments to vendors; handling parish mail, phones, website, and emails; managing parish calendar, and facilitating use of meeting spaces by parish, Preschool, and community groups.
2. Working closely with other staff and leadership to support parish finances.
3. Overseeing general repair and maintenance to the campus, including supervising and directing custodial staff and contract workers; working with Vestry leadership to develop and carry out plans for continued (and scheduled) maintenance and repair of all buildings and grounds.
4. Various clerical duties including parish mailings, office and custodial supplies, coordinating Parish Life groups, and maintaining and updating the parish database.
5. Other duties as assigned or negotiated.
Required skills and abilities:
1. Proficiency with standard administrative and communications software (Microsoft Office, ACS or similar database, Google drive, Constant Contact, etc).
2. Ability to work and follow through while getting interrupted regularly.
3. Interpersonal skills that foster trust and collegiality.
4. Excellent communication skills (in person, phone, and written).
5. Familiarity with Episcopal–Christian tradition appreciated, but not required.
Send cover letter, CV, and references to:
Rev Dr Stephen Hassett
St Stephen’s Episcopal Church
66 St Stephen’s Dr
Orinda, CA 94563