Youth & Family Services Coordinator
7 days left
- Degree Level
BACKGROUND & SUMMARY
Interested in being part of a unique organization that has delivered healing to the grieving in the community for over 40 years? Do you have a passion for our mission of serving the bereaved combined with keen interpersonal skills?
The Youth & Family Services Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Youth & Family Services Director to ensure 1) outreach, coordination, execution, and support of the Journeys Program, Kara’s school-based grief support initiative, and 2) operational and administrative support for all client services including on-going peer support groups, bereavement camp, workshops and volunteer coordination and engagement. Duties will include but are not limited to the following:
Essential Job Duties/Responsibilities
Journeys Program Focus
- Maintain on-going communication and support with current school community partners.
- Develop new connections and partnerships through outreach to other local area school community sites impacted by death and loss.
- Co-facilitate school-based peer support groups.
- Provide on-going support and feedback to school-based peer support facilitators and volunteers.
- Assist with recruiting, training, and supervising new Journeys Program team members.
- Develop and prepare appropriate resources and materials for all school-based peer grief support groups and workshops.
- Network and communicate with other grief support organizations working in local schools to enhance and deepen understanding of work.
- Conduct administrative and operational tasks pertaining to school-based outreach and on-going peer grief support, including timely entry of organizational information, statistics, and service evaluations in agency database.
Youth & Family Services Support Focus
- Provide operational support in maintaining the Youth & Family records management systems including client and volunteer records, group management and attendance, surveys, evaluations and service statistics.
- Provide support to volunteers through guidance and assistance of facilitator groups as well as preparation and implementation of volunteer training.
- Provide client service support by assisting with client communications as needed, including assistance with client service intakes as needed.
- Provide support for special projects, including advertising and mailings, website info updates, and in-service workshops.
- Under the direction of the Bereavement Camp Director, assist in the operational and administrative preparation for Kara’s annual weekend summer grief camp, including marketing and mailings, application processes and paperwork, supplies and inventory, and training and volunteer support needs.
- Under the direction of the Bereavement Camp Director, coordinate and oversee the administrative team and all on-site operational support for the grief camp weekend, including set-up, registration, and camp wrap-up.
- Assist with agency-wide client service operations and other program support duties as assigned.
Essential Competencies (Values, Skills and Abilities)
- Commitment to Kara’s mission, vision and guiding values of empathy and compassion
- Flexible, resourceful and innovative; strong initiative and follow-through skills
- Strong collaborator, team player, and community builder
- Quick to learn, and devise or apply ideas; and willingness to ask for help
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with and understanding of diverse communities and populations
- Keen understanding of operational processes and procedures within an organization
- Ability to work successfully under pressure and to handle competing priorities with minimal supervision ]]
- Capacity to plan, coordinate, and prioritize tasks/projects while keeping appropriate personnel apprised
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and problem solving skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Google Docs, and database-related software applications
- Positive attitude and sense of humor
- Ability to embrace and maintain confidentiality
- High standard of professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work evenings and weekends periodically
- Project supervision and coordination, communicating with and directing volunteers to ensure all responsibilities and tasks are completed
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent)
- Languages: English (Bi-lingual a plus, Spanish or Other)
- Experience working with school communities or school community partner organizations
- Social Services or non-profit field experience a plus
- Experience as a Kara trained volunteer or similar program requiring understanding of grief and loss support structures a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- 40 hours per week
- $23 - $25 per hour
- Group health benefits option (medical, vision, dental) plan
- 403b and FSA options (employee paid)
Please Submit Cover Letter & Resume.
Youth & Family Services
For the past 26 years, Kara’s Youth & Family Services Program has provided grief support to children, teens, and parents/caregivers who have experienced the death of a family member or friend. The program serves more than 1,000 individuals in the course of a year through consultations, workshops, on-going peer support groups and an annual bereavement camp. For the past two years, the Journeys Program initiative has supported local school communities with school-site grief support peer groups, parent/family workshops, and on-going staff grief support and education.