Social Worker - Children and Youth
5 days left
- Experience Level
The social worker will work in tandem with different LACY attorneys to identify and address the needs and interests of the clients. The position will require the social worker to assess the suitability for placement and visitation of parents, relatives, and foster care providers. The social worker will be expected to meet with clients in various settings, including home and school environments. The social worker should coordinate with other service providers working on behalf of the minor, including therapists and educators. In certain cases, the social worker may be asked to provide expert opinions or testimony. This is a regular, full-time position reporting directly to the Clinical Social Work Supervisor.
This position will require participation in LACY’s regular team meetings, staff meeting and program development activities including assisting the LACY Directing Attorney and Supervising Attorney. The social worker may be asked to attend community outreach presentations to youth and service providers. Applicant should have an interest in laws pertaining to child advocacy and juvenile dependency.
- Conduct home visits, write assessments, and make recommendations for attorney review.
- Assist attorneys in case assessment, strategy, and management.
- Provide crisis intervention and management.
- Participate in community outreach sessions.
- Advocate for clients in multi-disciplinary team meetings.
- Assist attorneys in mediation, if appropriate.
- Make appropriate referrals to outside agencies.
- Assist in maintenance of community resource library.
- Maintain statistics on youth served.
- Participate in general office upkeep duties, including computer data entry of intake information, filing, copying, drafting and filing court documents, and serving notice.
- Provide technical assistance to attorneys and service providers.
- Master of Social Work (MSW) degree required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese preferred.
- Bicultural background preferred.
- Licensure or progress towards licensure preferred.
- Background in child abuse and neglect.
- Valid driver’s license, with good driving record, or other transportation to conduct client visits, outreach presentations, and home assessments.
- Ability to work sensitively with children and families in crisis.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Santa Clara County social service agencies & providers.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, writing, interviewing, and organizational skills.
- Experience working with individuals from multi-ethnic communities desired.
- Frequent use of computer keyboard.
- Use of office equipment, such as copier, printer, and fax.
- Ability to assess home environments with smoke or other potentially sensitive qualities
Salary scale starts at $54,888 for candidates with an MSW, and starts at $57,248 for candidates with an LCSW; compensation based upon qualifications and comparable experience. Additional $100/month bilingual differential is available. All compensation determined by the wage table of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement between SEIU Local 521 and LFSV. Excellent benefits provided, including paid holidays, vacation, health insurance and 401(k). More information regarding the Law Foundation is available on our website: www.lawfoundation.org.
The Law Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. We encourage people of color, women, people living with disabilities, older people, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people to apply. It is the policy of the Law Foundation to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, medical condition or genetic information, veteran status, national origin, disability, marital or other protected status. The Law Foundation will conform to the spirit, as well as the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until position is filled. Please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (1) a resume, (2) at least three professional references, and (3) a cover letter that explains your interest and also addresses the question below.
In order to best serve our clients and our community, the Law Foundation is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace in which differences are acknowledged and valued. How has your personal background or experiences, professional or otherwise, prepared you to contribute to social justice, race equity and diversity among our staff?