Director of Annual Giving
4 days left
- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Director of Annual Giving
Supervised by: Chief Executive Officer
About the Position
Agape Youth & Family Center is seeking a Director of Annual Giving who will be responsible for creating and executing a comprehensive, year-round fundraising plan for the Annual Fund for Agape. The fundraising plan will include goals, strategies, and programming that aim to build and engage our donor base. This person will also work to ensure effective administration of annual fund gifts through acknowledgment letters, recognition of, and the delivery of any necessary reports and communications, such as pledge reminders, to appropriate constituents.
The Director of Annual Giving is responsible for all aspects of leading Agape’s comprehensive annual campaign. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and manages the Database Manager, as well as committees of dedicated fundraising volunteers. The Development Department is responsible for securing a specific dollar goal annually, which supports Agape’s operating budget. This position requires an independent self-starter with extraordinary interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with a broad range of Agape constituents.
Through personal visits, this individual will identify, cultivate, and steward meaningful relationships with established and potential donors, seeking and securing gifts for the Annual Fund, as well as identifying potential planned giving prospects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, execute, and manage the Agape Annual Fund, this includes promoting participation and increasing support from all Agape volunteers and existing donors.
- Create and manage a multidimensional Annual Fund appeal schedule that utilizes a variety of mediums (e.g., electronic solicitation, direct mail appeals, face-to-face solicitations) to communicate with potential and current donors.
- In coordination with the Development Committee, assist and implement the development of outreach and stewardship strategies to secure, retain and upgrade current donors as well as identify, solicit, and steward new prospective individual and leadership donors.
- Work with the Development Committee to set annual giving goals each year, which maximize support for Agape’s top priorities and are based on strategic understanding of the donor base.
- Work collaboratively with members of the Development Office to evaluate Annual Fund donor ask amounts, appropriate Annual Fund solicitations, including strategy and stewardship of donors and prospects, while thoughtfully taking into consideration other solicitations and events throughout the year.
- Coordinate and manage phone-a-thons, promotions, and thank-a-thons throughout the year.
- Manage coordination of key stewardship events for volunteers and lead donors.
- Responsible for preparing relevant Annual Fund reports.
- Work collaboratively with database manager to prepare scheduled and ad hoc queries, exports and analytical tracking reports as needed for campaign analysis and annual giving solicitations.
- Assist with the planning and execution of the Development Committee meetings.
- Provide regular annual giving program updates for Board of Directors, Development Committee and staff.
- Work with the Chief Executive Officer to coordinate and lead managed prospect meetings.
- Utilize Raiser’s Edge to track visits, produce contact notes, and conduct appropriate constituent follow-up.
- Work with the Development Committee and communications staff in creation, production, and distribution of all annual giving communications, including website content, volunteer training materials, personal letters, mail, electronic solicitations and social media messages to all Agape constituents.
- Assist the Events Manager with Agape events (Spring Benefit, ARISE, etc.) and develop a long-term strategy for incorporating event participants into the Agape Fund.
- Performs other related duties necessary to the functioning of the Development department.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree
- Three to five years of experience in advancement/development
- Proficient in Raiser’s Edge 7.0 (Database View)
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and track data
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage a variety of programs and activities simultaneously and promote a spirit of teamwork among individuals to pursue common goals
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, orally and in writing, as well as a highly developed sense of propriety in dealing with sensitive information
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others as an integral member of the Development Committee
- Ability to project an image of professional competence and credibility in representing Agape in creating a climate of confidence and trust
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel