Event & Association Coordinator
5 days left
- Experience Level
Event & Association Coordinator
We are seeking a high-energy, experienced professional to support and manage an array of local and statewide events. The ideal candidate must have the experience to manage well-produced events, roadshows, trainings and online marketing programs.
While this position will primarily produce and manage events, a portion of the role will coordinate the administrative activities of a small local association. This includes, acting as the public presence of the organization, providing support to the officers and board of directors, committee chairs, and association membership. Responsibilities include answering calls, emails, texts, and other communications, creating communications about association events, website management, database and donor management, membership management, volunteer management, and processing payments, and general administrative responsibilities such as financial reporting with assistance of accountant.
Candidate should possess the flexibility to follow direction as well as take initiative as a self-starter, thrive under pressure, and have a passion for event logistics and tactics. Ability to work off-hour/evening work during meetings and events is required – generally about 1-3 per month. Project management, organization skills, a positive attitude and the highest standard of customer service are a must!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
50% Planning and Execution of Events & Programs
- Plan and execute various large and small scale meetings and events
- Perform and manage all pre-event activities including vendor RFI (process and analysis), budget and headcount forecasting, selection recommendation and negotiation of contracts
- Develop overall strategy for Event Marketing that aligns with desired objectives
- Develop, prepare, and deliver all attendee communications
- Ensure logistics are managed effectively for the programs and events (i.e. speaker logistics, registration, agenda, transportation, rooming, meal planning, activities, etc.)
- Deliver an exceptional attendee experience for all programs; anticipate challenges and be resourceful to recommend efficient and achievable solutions to ensure success
- Evaluate programs and provide post-event analysis to ensure continuous improvement of all programs
- Partner with finance to determine fiscal requirements; develop tailored budgets for each program and prepare budgetary recommendations for all program components
- Execute programs within established budget
10% Cross-Functional Leadership
- Effectively build and manage teams of professionals and volunteers
- Lead core team meetings, define program goals and develop project and staffing plans
- Manage cross functional resources to execute against project plan to meet and exceed stated program goals, requirements and objectives
- Build relationships with key stakeholders; work collaboratively to develop meeting agendas to include robust and interactive content aligned with program theme
40% Program Management
- Ensures the daily operation of association offices are performed efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Maintains association president and foundation chair up to date on all issues affecting the organization, provides necessary financial/other information needed on a timely basis
- Assists with accounting and financial reporting of both organizations.
- Assists in communicating with current membership, and onboarding new members for the association.
- Administers, coordinates and updates the website including oversight of content, design and layout (with assistance from vendors)
- Responsible for managing, creating, and sending web-based communications for membership, committees and boards.
- Responsible for daily upkeep of social networking websites on behalf of both organizations (e.g. facebook, twitter, etc)
- Attends and assists with all and board meetings as well as certain committee meetings as needed.
- Produces and tracks needed reporting and metrics for the organization ensures organization remains within operating budget
Desired Skills and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Minimum 2+ year’s relevant experience with meetings/events/ programs
- Experience building & managing events
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent planning, organizational, and project management skills
- Experience building and managing teams
- Experience dealing with multiple large, complex and small programs, prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Ability to problem solve and work independently in a changing and multi-tasking environment with numerous deadlines
- Proven ability to work collaboratively, take direction and input to develop effective and engaging programs that will achieve the organization’s goals
- Negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate budgets, forecast, and effectively manage expenses
- Proactive, with ability to anticipate, communicate, and resolve issues with minimal guidance
- Technical Proficiency: comfort with standard software platforms such as Microsoft Office, Event Bright, Quickbooks; capability to maintain content applications (Word Press) to update website and comfort with social networking applications (FB, Twitter).
- Displays a friendly, professional, and courteous manner at all times when interacting with the membership, donors, and the public.
- Accountable to high work standards, is dependable and reliable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Working Conditions/Physical Abilities Required:
- Typical office and event environment
- Off-hour/evening work during meetings and events
- Carry equipment/materials needed to events and meetings, up to 30 pounds
- Self-sufficiency in an office environment; able to move furniture, equipment, and materials.