Signature Events Coordinator
3 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
ABOUT MOVING DAY:
At Moving Day walks across the country, we’re fighting Parkinson’s and celebrating movement — proven to help manage Parkinson’s symptoms. Every dollar raised supports the Parkinson’s Foundation mission to make life better for people affected by Parkinson’s disease (PD).
The Signature Events Coordinator is responsible for the management of signature events projects that will promote growth and awareness for the Foundation.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work collaboratively with field staff, other internal departments and volunteer leaders to create, manage and execute signature events projects.
- Coordinate national and regional development meetings
- Arrange and attend national and regional meetings to take meeting notes/minutes; distribute agenda and meeting notes to participants in a timely manner
- Assist with preparation and analysis of financial reports
- Maintain filing and data information systems
- Establish and support new and existing processes, procedures and policies to ensure effective and efficient events and project management
- Procure event merchandise and promotional materials
- Oversee vendor invoice and payments, purchasing transactions and vendor set-up
- Provide training and support to field staff in tools used by the Development Team
- Work collaboratively with the Signature Events Teams and other departments to create resources to expand signature events.
- Actively seek opportunities to address organizational needs and positively impact the local communities while advancing the Foundation mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of national office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Provide day of event walk support for selected events
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events activities.
- Additional national projects, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of experience in management of events, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with staff and a variety of external individuals and organizations
- Self-motivated, results oriented team member with strong organizational skills
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite
- Must be able to travel, as needed
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email curriculum vitae and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Signature Events Coordinator” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.