- Degree Level
Deadline to Apply – September 15
Central Atlanta Progress (CAP) is seeking a dynamic individual to join the team of professionals who manage all marketing, communications and membership efforts for the organization. The successful applicant is polished, educated, creative, and works well under the direction of CAP’s Marketing Manager. Along with administrative duties, this position is balanced with the opportunity to learn substantive non-profit management skills in public relations, member relations, event planning, and marketing strategy and execution.
CAP is a private, nonprofit corporation of Atlanta business leaders, property owners, and institutions working with each other and with government since 1941 to help build a better city center. CAP carries out research and planning and acts as a catalyst for a wide range of programs and projects for the improvement of Downtown Atlanta. Our affiliate organization, the Atlanta Downtown Improvement District (ADID), funds major programs in transportation, capital improvements, public safety, cleanliness and marketing. For more information, visit www.atlantadowntown.com.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, this position requires a wide range of duties within the spectrum of marketing and membership coordination to support the department and organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a client service liaison to internal teams, managing project timelines, ensuring timely project completion, and communicating status updates and clear expectations for project execution
- Assist with production process for communications projects, coordinating with outside vendors (graphic designers, printers, signage companies, etc.) and acquiring cost estimates as needed
- Assist with maintenance of the organization’s website utilizing an integrated content management system
- Contribute visual and written content for communications projects including, but not limited to, website, social media, newsletters, and other methods of communication
- Assist in the execution of CAP/ADID’s social media strategy on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Assist with the management of CAP/ADID’s constituent database and distribution lists; assist in scheduling meetings and events for CAP/ADID members and stakeholders
- Draft and edit email communications to segmented audiences; keep abreast of industry trends in digital communications
- Coordinate photography and videography; hire and manage professional photographers and videographers
- Organize and maintain CAP/ADID’s digital photo and video archives; ensure that supplies of printed collateral are organized and accessible
- Measure the effectiveness of digital media efforts (website, email, social media) through metrics and analytics
- Steward CAP/ADID’s editorial and brand standards, ensuring the consistency and visual integrity of all communications
- Other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- At least two years of work experience in an office environment, preferably at a nonprofit
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Database management experience preferred
- Strongly skilled in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Mailchimp and SalesForce
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to thrive and work effectively independently and as a part of a team
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to prioritize and organize multiple projects, meet deadlines, problem-solve and multi-task
- Ability and willingness to work some early mornings, evenings, and weekend days
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills are required
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
Employment is provided through Central Atlanta Progress, Inc. (CAP). CAP is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, religion, creed, political affiliation, race, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation or national origin. Compensation is expected to be in the range of $34,000 dependent upon qualifications, and experience. CAP offers employees a competitive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, short-term disability and a 401(k) savings program.
Qualified applicants should submit resume, cover letter and writing samples to:
Central Atlanta Progress
Only those applicants deemed qualified will be contacted. No phone calls or visits, please.