1 day left
- Experience Level
Women on the Rise
Women on the Rise is seeking an experienced, accomplished and team-oriented Managing Director to support Executive Director and work with a diverse group of highly motivated formerly incarcerated and currently incarcerated women.
The Managing Director will provide administrative oversight and lead day-to-day operations to ensure effective implementation of programs and campaigns which work to divest from jails and prisons and invest in our communities!
WHO WE ARE
Women on the Rise is a grassroots organization led by women of color targeted and/or impacted by the criminal “legal” system. Women on the Rise works to educate, heal, and empower ourselves and communities to demand justice, dignity, and liberation for all. Women on the Rise is a project of the Racial Justice Action Center.
A major campaign includes the Reimagining of the Atlanta City Detention Center, formerly known as the Communities Over Cages, dedicated to divesting from Atlanta’s criminal justice system and investing in community safety by reallocating the $32.6 million spent to operate systems that criminalize our communities.
o Financial Management
- Manage internal fiscal controls to ensure financial stability
- Review and authorize disbursements, reimbursements, and other funds
- Perform bank and credit card reconciliation monthly
- Review and authorize payroll on a biweekly basis
- Provide financial oversight and approval of administrative staff
- Serve as lead contact and liaison with our fiscal sponsor, Social Environmental Entrepreneurs (SEE)
- Draft grant narratives, applications and letters of intent, in cooperation with the Women on the Rise Executive Director
- Identify new grant opportunities and other income sources, in cooperation with the Women on the Rise Executive Director
- Maintain compliance by adhering to deadlines and due dates of currently existing grants, including reports and grant renewals
- Participate in trainings, webinars and other professional development related to on fund development, grant management and grant-writing
o Staff Supervision
- Oversee the staff’s fulfillment of the project mission and vision
- Support staff, interns, and volunteers in program planning, project and time management, meeting facilitation, and sustainable work practice.
- Foster a team-oriented environment
- Support the professional and personal development of staff using strengths-based and peer coaching approaches
- Review and authorize timesheets, under supervision of Executive Director
o Organizational Development
- Build capacity of Women on the Rise
- Take a leadership role in planning processes, in cooperation with the Executive Director and consultants
- Improve processes and systems within Women on the Rise to streamline operations and reduce internal barriers, conflicts and challenges
o Operations Leadership
- Represent Women on the Rise on the RJAC Leadership Team (LT), communicate information in both directions
- Participate in all decisions, discussions, and work of the LT
- 5 years of management experience in a non-profit organization
- 3-5 years of experience in a racial justice or TLGB service organization
- 1-3 years grant writing, donor relations and/or fundraising experience
- 1-3 years supervising organizing and/or campaign staff
- Possess a deep knowledge and experience with racial, criminal, and economic justice issues
- Dynamic public speaking experience
- Demonstrated success in grassroots campaign development, organizing, and implementation
- Possess a deep knowledge of and history of the social justice and smart reform movement
- Ability to intersect issues – including social, economic, and health; provide analysis
- Experience with WOTR’s target populations, people of color and affected communities
- Current relationships with and connections to local resources available
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, social justice, and gender equality
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Computer literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Great interpersonal skills
- Compassionate, empathetic
- Ability to motivate staff, grow talent
- Effective time management
This position reports directly to the WOTR Executive Director
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume and 2-page writing sample to: email@example.com by close of business August 23, 2019. Competitive salary based on experience. Women on the Rise and the Racial Justice Action Center offer a comprehensive benefit package.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS PLEASE.
THE RACIAL JUSTICE ACTION CENTER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND ACTIVELY RECRUITS WOMEN, PEOPLE OF COLOR, PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES, TRANS AND QUEER AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE AND FORMERLY INCARCERATED PEOPLE