2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Our House is seeking qualified professionals to join our team! We have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Program Assistant.
The Program Assistant is responsible for serving as the first point of public contact with Our House and providing information about the organization in a helpful, professional and timely manner. The Program Assistant provides administrative, technical and programmatic support to the staff. The Program Assistant reports to the Director of Finance.
Brief Summary of Duties:
- Serve as welcoming agent and central information bureau for the Center.
- Provide administrative support to all programs
- Coordinate special projects as assigned by leadership staff.
- Welcome visitors and answer phones in a courteous and professional manner, directing to appropriate individuals.
- Perform general office duties, receiving and distribution of mail, update staff phone list, distribute incoming faxes, etc.
- Order, store and maintain supply inventory
- Assist with meeting preparation and clean up as requested.
- Schedule repairs and maintenance as directed from the appropriate vendors in a timely manner, maintaining record of all visits.
- Provide technical support to staff and families on basic computer functioning.
- Manage petty cash and debit purchase systems.
- Maintain public areas, ensuring that they are safe, clean and attractive.
1 year of related experience
Related experience working for a non-profit
High School Diploma
Associates or higher in Business Administration or Social Services
Desired Skills and Characteristics: (i.e. Excellent Communication Skills):
- Advanced computer skills, including proficiency in Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint & Publisher
- Excellent Customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, especially editing skills
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
If you have these skills and experiences and are passionate about helping families experiencing homelessness send your cover letter & resume to email@example.com. No phone calls please!
About Our House
Our House provides shelter to live and education to thrive for metro Atlanta families experiencing homelessness, offering programs designed to meet each family member’s needs: Early Childhood Education, Housing Services, Employment Training Services, and Family Services. For almost 30 years, Our House has been a beacon of hope for homeless parents in search of quality, affordable care for their young children.
Our House is an equal opportunity employer, with a generous benefits package.