2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation (PF) makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
ABOUT MOVING DAY:
At Moving Day walks across the country, we’re fighting Parkinson’s and celebrating movement — proven to help manage Parkinson’s symptoms. Every dollar raised supports the Parkinson’s Foundation mission to make life better for people affected by Parkinson’s disease (PD).
We have an exciting opportunity for a Development Manager in our Minnesota Dakotas Chapter office who will be responsible for planning and successfully executing current Moving Day events in Plymouth, MN and Fargo, ND, as well as expanding the audience for special events hosted by the Chapter.
The position encompasses three main areas of focus and responsibility - Recruitment & Fundraising, Logistics and Community Engagement.
Recruitment & Fundraising - 70%
- Achieve fundraising and recruitment goals for the Walks and fundraising events
- Research and secure local corporate sponsorships
- Develop committees for Moving Day Walks and Special Events. Manage, coach, and empower committee members to share ownership of key planning and execution components
- Proactively leverage local contacts and resources to identify Walk participants
- Work closely with the Development Coordinator to develop marketing and outreach tactics to make the public aware of the event
- Utilize in-person, phone and email contact to steward leads into event participants
- Conduct meetings and presentations to various groups, including corporate employee groups, civic groups, churches, colleges and universities, etc. for the purpose of recruiting participants and to assist participants with fundraising
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition communications for participation and donations related to Moving Day
- Prepare routine reports to share with leadership through analysis of event metrics
- Help walk participants navigate the fundraising website
- Maintain relationships with participants year-round to support team retention and stewardship
Community Engagement - 20%
- Provide leadership, vision and support to volunteers and volunteer committees
- Serve as local representative for Parkinson’s Foundation, acting as spokesperson when necessary and appropriate
- Maintain relationships with existing Parkinson’s Foundation partners
- Seek out and build new relationships to grow Parkinson’s Foundation’s community of supporters
Logistics - 10%
- Plan walk routes, event site layout, and all necessary elements of successful events and positive participant experience with support of the Development Coordinator
- Onsite management of all event-day activities
- Manage Moving Day walks budget by tracking all income and expenses and make projection adjustments as needed. Submit invoices for processing in a timely and accurate manner
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 2 years of experience in management of special events fundraising, preferably within a non-profit organization
- Proven experience with peer-to-peer fundraising
- Ability to close face-to-face sales and sponsorships
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service and motivation to participants as well as business and social leaders
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations
- Strong volunteer recruitment and management skills
- Proven and significant skills in planning, budgeting, and volunteer development
- Outgoing, energetic, with strong written, verbal and problem-solving skills
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to adhere to timelines and prioritize
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office suite
- Proficiency in Raiser’s Edge and Luminate is a plus
- Proficiency in WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Ability to work a variety of hours including days, nights, and weekends
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs. from the ground to waist level with or without reasonable accommodation
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel throughout Minneapolis, St Paul, Fargo and other states as required. Travel up to 20%
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Development Manager, MN” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.