Research Project Specialist
2 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind is seeking a Research Project Specialist to join our team in Bethesda, MD.
The CF Clinical Research Project Specialist will help with project management, data analysis, and program evaluation for the Investigator-initiated Clinical Research Programs being supported by CFF. He/she will work as part of the Clinical Trials program team and will report directly to the Director of Clinical Research Awards.
The successful candidate will have proven working experience in project management with a strong understanding of formal project management tools and methodologies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize and track program cycle milestones, including timelines and deliverables
- Serve as liaison between Clinical Trials program and Grants program to ensure timely execution of common projects
- Provide scientific and administrative notetaking support for internal and external scientific project discussions and budgetary meetings
- Develop knowledge of the ongoing CFF investigator-initiated clinical research projects and the physician-scientist conducting them
- Track, enter and assemble funding portfolio data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
- Participate in teleconferences and on-site and off-site visits of CFF-supported investigator-initiated research programs, including review meetings and workshops
- Assist in preparing meeting summaries, annual reports, progress reports, and budget projections.
- Measure, track, report and present on project progress to ensure achievement of goals
- College degree required: BS in biology, life sciences, or related discipline, with 3-5 years relevant experience in extramural grant-making organization
- Master’s degree in health, management or analytics-related field required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical, problem-solving, and facilitation skills
- Proficiency in project management software tools is a plus
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management processes, workflows, and terminology
- Proficient in standard operating systems (PC, with MAC desirable) and experience in launching and maintaining project management applications including Microsoft Project, Sharepoint, Excel , and Access
- Basic understanding of advanced analytic programs, such as Tableua a plus, but not required
- Experience monitoring, maintaining schedules, and reporting progress for concurrent projects.
- Strong experience in project execution, including implementing projects, budget management, process integration and system support.
- Basic understanding of biomedical scientific principles and their applications for clinical research
- Knowledge of Clinical Trials, FDA regulations, Pharma business model, Patient care models preferred, but not required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills: must be able to communicate confidently and effectively with project team members and executive management
- Strong interpersonal skills working with MDs and PhDs, with the ability to work in team-based settings
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to www.cff.org under "Careers".