Program Specialist - Clinical Affairs
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, and one of the most innovative and successful organizations of its kind is seeking a Program Specialist in our Bethesda, MD National office.
This position will work closely with the Senior Director of Clinical Affairs in helping support the projects and programs involved in promoting high quality and timely care for people with CF. The successful candidate will also work closely with external consultants to understand the status of CF care throughout the world as well as work with the Advanced Lung Disease Initiative and play an integral role on the CFF Clinical Affairs Team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for providing professional and responsive communication to cystic fibrosis physicians and clinical care team members and other groups within the global cystic fibrosis community- both internally and externally.
- Provide program support including developing educational and communication materials, editing medical related materials upon request, and participating in program planning meetings.
- Use a variety of software to create documents, publications, and visual materials
- Organize small and large meeting planning and direction to Medical Meetings regarding meeting logistics for both onsite and offsite meetings
- Develop materials, agenda and minutes for meetings and coordinate logistics
- Help determine meeting dates and send out timely meeting reminders
- Facilitate travel itineraries and housing needs for attendees in conjunction with CFF meetings staff
- Coordinate all in-house meeting logistics in conjunction with CFF meetings and IT staff
- Help develop and maintain a directory of global CF programs.
- Work with internal and external partners to manage inquiries and arrange joint conference calls/meetings
- Create, update and maintain organization and tracking systems of identified projects and issues
- Prepare and modify documents including presentations, reports and emails
- Create surveys to capture needed information using online tools such as Survey Monkey; analyze survey results and draft reports and/or presentations
- BA/BS in related field
- Fluent in spoken and written Spanish is highly preferred
- Six (6) years experience in program support, project management, communications, healthcare or related area in a hospital, research, or social service setting.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and commitment to accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- High levels of self-accountability, integrity, and professionalism
- Initiative and responsiveness to ad hoc requests from supervisor
- Good judgment and problem solving
- Knowledge of software applications (including database applications), and proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook & SharePoint); ability to quickly learn and utilize computer applications
- Ability to transcribe meeting minutes and follow up on action items
- Ability to accurately disseminate confidential materials and information
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Interested candidates should submit resume and cover letter to www.cff.org under "Careers".