Associate Director of Development
- Experience Level
As part of CARE’s Mid-Level Giving team, the Associate Director of Development manages a portfolio of individual supporters investing between $1,000 and $9,999 annually. As a member of the national Individual Giving team and based in the Atlanta HQ office, the Associate Director of Development reports to the Director of Mid-Level Giving and will help develop and implement a donor program strategy and comprehensive cultivation and stewardship plan for CARE’s President’s Circle supporters.
This passionate and enthusiastic fundraiser will manage a personal portfolio and serve as the Development lead on a mass stewardship program with personal touches. The Associate Director of Development (ADOD) will be responsible for developing and implementing cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for his/her portfolio of donors. The ADOD will also seek to engage lapsed donors through integrated strategies with the Mid-Level team. The ADOD is expected to maintain an active schedule of personal interactions with donors including phone calls and visits to, and initiate one-on-one engagement and solicitation opportunities with donors. In addition, the ADOD should be conversant in Planned Giving to provide Mid-Level donors with as broad an array of resource engagements with CARE as possible.
- Responsible for managing a personal portfolio of approximately 2,000 donors and prospects to drive the growth of CARE USA’s Mid-Level giving program, known as CARE’s President Circle.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive cultivation and stewardship plan, building relationships with mid-level donors via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and events. Some travel nationally will be required for donor meetings and events.
- Develop strategic engagement and solicitation strategies for Mid-Level donors to increase donor retention and upgrade donors’ giving.
- Solicit outright gifts of $1,000 - $9,999.
- Coordinate with Prospect Research, Major Gifts and Planned Giving teams to identify, qualify and manage prospects.
- Collaborate to implement and execute regular outreach and engagement with donors based on CARE USA’s regional activities.
Program Planning and Implementation
- Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Development, help create and implement an annual plan for a multi-channel Mid-Level Giving program designed to meet the unrestricted fundraising needs of CARE USA.
- Collaborate with CARE’s Marketing and Communications team, vendors, and other members of the team as appropriate.
- Coordinate with Business Operations on proposals and reports for donors and prospects.
- Use CRM to track activities and pull reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three to five years of fund-raising experience with demonstrable success with Mid-Level gifts ($1,000 - $9,999)
- Passionate and enthusiastic fundraiser with demonstrated ability to build and maintain meaningful and successful supporter relationships with an emphasis on balancing both a mass stewardship program that feels personal and a portfolio of high-touch relationships.
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with donors in person and over the phone
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful strategies for donor recruitment and retention.
- Familiarity with all aspects of fundraising concepts, including Planned Giving, Major Gifts and stewardship functions
- Collaborative team player able to work effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Strong understanding of the mission and messaging of CARE USA
- Proficiency in fundraising CRMs or donor database management; Salesforce experience strongly preferred
- Strong written and oral communication abilities. Produce compelling and donor-centric communications and articulate impact to supporters
- Knowledge of and experience with complex data segmentation for fundraising programs
- Strong analytical skills