Program Support Coordinator
- Position Type
- Part Time
Program Support Coordinator
The Georgia Center for Child Advocacy
The Georgia Center for Child Advocacy (GCCA) was founded in 1987 to provide services to children who were victims of severe physical abuse, sexual abuse or who had witnessed violence. The mission of the GCCA is to champion the needs of these children through prevention, intervention, therapy and collaboration. The GCCA is leading an aggressive statewide adult-focused training initiative to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The mission of the prevention initiative is to reduce the occurrence of child sexual abuse.
To enhance the Center’s effectiveness, the GCCA is seeking a part-time (20 hours per week) Program Support Coordinator (PSC) to provide administrative and program support to the Prevention department and to help develop and disseminate messages to the department’s partners through a variety of mediums. The position requires someone with proven written and verbal communication skills, experience with database entry and content management systems, and significant computer skill. The successful candidate must be a well organized problem solver who is self directed as well as a committed team player.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all logistics of prevention training and workshops to include scheduling, communicating details to participants, preparing materials, coordinating catering, and securing facilitator
- Coordinate the distribution/shipping of training and program materials to all Georgia facilitators/partners
- Order and maintain inventory of all program materials, products and supplies
- Prepare invoices, reports, financial statements and other documents and process payments for program materials with assistance from Accounting staff
- Reconcile prevention department accounts payable and receivable
- Provide correspondence for program inquiries and events
- Manage and maintain program database, to include facilitator contact and training information
- Assist in promoting the prevention initiative and in supporting partner organizations and facilitators through email and phone communication
- Provide other support for prevention team including logistical planning, event coordination, and communication as needed.
- Previous work experience with data entry in contact management systems, i.e. Salesforce, Blackbaud Suite, QuickBooks, excel spreadsheets, etc.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines efficiently
- Due to the high volume of data entry of both numerical and narrative content, strong attention to detail is critical
- Strong organization skills
- Self motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Skilled at managing multiple projects and working under a flexible schedule
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Accounting skills
- Comfortable discussing the issue of child sexual abuse
- Ability to lift 30lbs
This position is part-time, 20-hour per week depending on the week’s activities, and reports to the Director of Prevention Services. Number of hours and job responsibilities have the potential to increase based on need and quality of work. Compensation will range from $12 to $15 per hour depending on experience and does not include benefits.