Program Assistant, Policy and Advocacy
- Position Type
- Full Time
Women Deliver is a leading global advocate that champions gender equality and the health and rights of girls and women. Our advocacy drives investment – political and financial – in the lives of girls and women worldwide. We harness evidence and unite diverse voices to spark commitment to gender equality. And we get results. Anchored in sexual and reproductive health, we advocate for the rights of girls and women across every aspect of their lives. We know that investing in girls and women will deliver progress for all.
Summary of the Position:
This is an entry-level position for an enthusiastic individual eager to join and play an integral role as part of Women Deliver’s dynamic Policy and Advocacy team. The Program Assistant supports all operational aspects of the Policy and Advocacy program and team, including the Deliver for Good Campaign, and provides direct administrative support to the Managing Director. The Program Assistant reports to the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy and works closely with other members of the Policy and Advocacy team, including the Senior Manager.
- Provides essential day-to-day logistical support for the policy and advocacy work and team, including assisting in coordinating operations alongside the Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy and Senior Manager, and implementing and refining systems to enhance efficiency and effectiveness, such as team calendars, monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) trackers, and internal review processes.
- Assists Managing Director of Policy and Advocacy with daily administrative duties, including managing calendars and correspondence, completing expense reports, arranging travel, conducting research and assembling materials needed for external engagements, in addition to other duties.
- Assists with meeting and event planning (both domestic and international), including working with staff, consultants and outside vendors to manage the full spectrum of meeting plans, venue coordination, logistics, and travel needed.
- Supports with research needs and assists in drafting meeting notes, presentations, briefs, and other operational and advocacy materials.
- Supports with Salesforce and serves as a liaison to the Finance and Administration team related to budgeting, expenses, and other administrative matters.
- Supports media monitoring and keeps apprised of evidence and case studies related to Women Deliver’s advocacy issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, Education, and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 0-3 years of experience working for a non-profit organization, UN agency, or corporation in similar role.
- Experience supporting a team with a positive attitude and an eagerness to learn more about non-profit program management.
- Passion for gender equality, global development, sexual and reproductive health and rights, and other issues related to gender equality and girls’ and women’s health and rights.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with handling international travel and event-planning logistics preferred.
- Experience in working effectively with consultants and vendors.
- Ability to effectively work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines and conduct work independently.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and a track record of consistently delivering high-quality work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, flexibility, and resourcefulness in solving problems.
- Strong skills using Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Box a plus.
- Native or advanced Spanish or French language skills preferred.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter, CV, and salary requirements to: email@example.com