- Experience Level
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area is a wish granting organization. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Our Chapter serves children from Monterey to the Oregon border and anticipates fulfilling over 400 magical wishes this year. Each wish is unique and is the dream of a child who is critically ill, the resulting smiles speak volumes to the healing effects of a wish come true. Our vision is to grant the wish of every eligible child which will require increasing referrals, growth of volunteer base, expanded donations of in-kind and cash gifts and broadened communication across our entire territory.
Make-A-Wish Greater Bay Area is seeking a compassionate, detail-oriented team player to plan and implement wishes, from wish approval to wish completion. Reporting to the Program Director, this exempt position supervises staff, office volunteers and wish granters and manages projects independently.
• Coordinating all aspects of wish experiences, such as shopping sprees, computers and travel.
• Supervising one or more program staff and wish granters.
• Coordinating in-office volunteer projects and supervising as appropriate.
• Acting as a liaison between families, volunteers, medical team, vendors and donors.
• Maintaining detailed administrative and financial records of wishes.
• Managing projects from inception to completion.
• Sharing “on call” duty with the other members of the Program team.
• Sharing wish granter training duties (includes some weekend and evenings) with the other members of the Program team.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience and Skills:
• 4+ years related work experience with 1-2 years managing direct reports.
• Extremely well-organized, able to multi-task efficiently, meet deadlines under pressure and maintain composure in handling difficult situations.
• Excellent communication skills and prompt follow through, both written and verbal.
• Warm, yet professional, demeanor while working with children, families, staff and volunteers.
• History of managing projects from inception to completion including data analysis and collection.
• Effective presentation skills.
• Ability to maintain complete confidentiality.
• PC literate – Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), database, etc.)
• Experience developing and conducting training helpful.
• Raiser’s Edge and/or Salesforce experience a plus.
• Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
• BA or equivalent
• Valid CA Driver’s License and access to personal car for occasional travel.
• Ability to lift 40 lbs.
• Some evening and weekend commitments required.
Send a letter of interest and a resume to:
Program Manager Search
1333 Broadway, Suite 200
Oakland, CA 94612
No phone calls, please. Position is open until filled. EOE