Program Specialist (Bilingual)
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Boston Basics Campaign, a project of The Basics Inc. (www.boston.thebasics.org) was created to change the way the city supports early childhood parenting and caregiving. We mobilize existing social and organizational networks to embed The Basics – five simple, evidence-based parenting practices – in routine interactions parents and caregivers have with infants and toddlers. This will help ensure that all children build solid developmental foundations and are ready to learn when they enter kindergarten. The Basics, Inc. is a fiscally sponsored organization of TSNE MissionWorks (www.tsne.org).
This Program Specialist (PS) Bilingual position is part of a team charged with instituting widespread use of The Basics across multiple sectors in Boston. Reporting to the Program Director, the PS will help create and execute strategies that share The Basics with staff and volunteers in the healthcare, early childhood, social service, business, and other sectors that touch the lives of parents and caregivers of young children. This position is full-time (37.5 hours per week) and is currently funded through December 31, 2020 with the expectation that ongoing funding for the position will be secured by that time.
- Provide training and support to staff and volunteers at partner organizations who share The Basics directly with parents and caregivers;
- Promote socio-ecological saturation of The Basics messages and practices throughout Boston through effective use of The Basics Community Toolkit;
- Activate and maintain partnership agreements with public agencies, nonprofit service providers, and other stakeholders who share our commitment to provide parents and caregivers support and guidance on child development during the critical 0-3 years;
- Document, in a clear and timely manner, the ongoing work to engage professional staff and volunteers who work directly with families;
- Assist with efforts to collect and share data that communicates the urgency of this work and the outcomes experienced by families and service providers who practice The Basics;
- Assist with efforts to secure funding needed to support the work of The Boston Basics Campaign;
- Contribute to the development and testing of training protocols and elements of The Basics Community Toolkit;
- Perform other duties as appropriate and assigned.
We will consider exceptional candidates who demonstrate a strong combination of the specific qualifications and skills described below.
- Bilingual Spanish required;
- Degree in early childhood development or public health preferred;
- 2 -5 years' experience in Boston's early childhood community is essential;
- Experience in community health center or hospital setting in Boston preferred;
- Ability to motivate staff, volunteers, and other stakeholders to collaborate successfully;
- Ability to develop and maintain partnerships with staff at public agencies, nonprofit service providers, and other stakeholder organizations;
- Must have vehicle, license and ability to travel regularly to different sites in Boston;
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written;
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those for this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
Work is performed in an office environment and in close proximity to other workers.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to:
- Talk, hear and see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Use hands or fingers, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Move, Traverse; sit (usually for longer periods of time); reach with hands and arms; occasionally Ascend/Descend; and position self (to), move.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Job is not subject to significant occupational or environmental hazards.
- Likelihood of personal injury would be relatively slight.
- Environmental and work hazards are not present to a measurable degree.
TSNE MissionWorks and The Basics Inc. envisions a society grounded in the principles of social and economic justice. As such, we strive to achieve excellence through a diverse and inclusive workplace that honors the unique talents and lived experiences of each person. Our vision and values are reflected in all our employment-related decisions, including hiring practices. Accordingly, TSNE MissionWorks/The Basics Inc. actively seeks people who bring diverse backgrounds and perspectives to join us in our work.
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE MissionWorks/The Basics Inc. will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, genetic information, veteran or disability status or any other factor prohibited by law.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/nvr6qwdtbzfpyhgs