Director of Development -Exciting Opportunity for Entrepreneurial Arts Funding Leader
- Experience Level
PRESIDIO THEATRE DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
ABOUT THE PRESIDIO THEATRE
In September 2019 the revitalized Presidio Theatre will re-open its doors in San Francisco’s Presidio National Historic Landmark District. Vacant since 1995, the building has been rehabilitated into a high quality and affordable multipurpose space for live theatre, cinema, dance, music, lectures, educational programming, and special events.
The mission of the Theatre is to ensure that the magic of live performance is accessible to the entire community. By reawakening an architectural jewel in the Presidio and creating a professionally run venue that reflects the rich diversity of the Bay Area, the Presidio Theatre encourages artists to grow and flourish.
The beautifully restored theatre also mitigates a crisis facing performing artists in the Bay Area who are being displaced by the high cost of living, creating a permanent home where artists and audiences can find belonging and authentic connection.
The inaugural year’s programming will reflect the values, vision, and mission of the Presidio Theatre and the rich history, cultural traditions, and innovation of the Bay Area through presentations, co-productions, rentals and special events. An exciting and innovative future awaits.
You are an experienced and entrepreneurial development professional who:
- has a successful track record of raising major gifts from individuals and institutions;
- designs effective donor engagement strategie s and leads successful campaigns while activating fundraising volunteers for a performing arts organization;
- has expertise in building and engaging an active Board of Directors;
- is organized, proactive and flexible with outstanding relationship-building and communication skills;
- has entrepreneurial experience with a start-up, co-creating an organization’s culture as a member of the senior leadership team .
ABOUT THE DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR’S ROLE
- The Development Director is a vital member of the small Presidio Theatre leadership team, overseeing resource development and collaborating effectively with the leads of communications/marketing/PR and programs;
- Creates, manages and executes the fundraising strategy;
- Serves as an organizational leader with shared responsibility for the Theatre’s success in all areas;
- In partnership with the Executive Director and Board of Directors, the Development Director establishes and maintains key funding relationships and strategic partnerships;
- The Development Director leads the team of contract grant writer(s) and event planner(s).
- Develops and executes a comprehensive development plan that includes corporate, foundation and individual giving, generating contributed revenue that accounts for 50% of the Theatre’s annual budget (projected at $1.8 million in year one).
- Works with Executive Director to build an engaged and active board of directors whose ambassadorial and personal commitment to the Presidio Theatre are key to its success.
- Oversees and manages annual development budget.
- Develops, cultivates and stewards a portfolio of individual and institutional major donors and community stakeholders.
- Demonstrated arts leadership success; at least eight years experience with a comparable non-profit.
- Significant fund development achievement, leading and actualizing a comprehensive development plan including board and major gifts initiatives, annual fund and special events.
- Entrepreneurial expertise in building a fund development program and team.
- Dedicated team player with a commitment to the highest level of customer service and collaboration;
- Outstanding problem-solving, written and verbal communication skills .
- Public speaking expertise, able to easily and articulately represent organization to funders, community stakeholders and the public.
DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
At the Presidio Theatre, we believe outstanding people are the key to our success. We value diversity in all its forms and are committed to an inclusive and transparent recruitment processes. We recruit and hire without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, veterans status or age.
SEND RESUME, COVER LETTER AND ATTACHMENTS DETAILED BELOW TO
- Two fundraising writing samples. Can be grant proposal, event invitation, annual fund solicitation.
- Three professional references with contact information.
Complete submissions must be received by September 30, 2019.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.