Regional Prevention Coordinator (Region 10)
- Position Type
- Part Time
Regional Prevention Coordinator (Region 10) – The Georgia Center for Child Advocacy
The Georgia Center for Child Advocacy (GCCA) was founded in 1987 to provide services to children who were victims of severe physical abuse, sexual abuse or who had witnessed violence. The mission of the GCCA is to champion the needs of these children through prevention, intervention, therapy and collaboration. The GCCA is leading a statewide adult-focused training initiative to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The mission of the prevention initiative is to reduce the occurrence of child sexual abuse.
To build and strengthen the statewide initiative, the GCCA is seeking a Regional Prevention Coordinator for Southwest Georgia (Region 10) to develop and oversee community coalitions, support facilitators, and build activities toward a set of specific training goals in each county. The Regional Prevention Coordinator will work in partnership with local agencies to promote child sexual abuse prevention training throughout an 14-county region, consisting of Thomas, Grady, Decatur, Seminole, Miller, Early, Calhoun, Terrell, Lee, Dougherty, Worth, Colquitt, Mitchell and Baker Counties.
Candidates must currently reside in and be familiar with at least one of the listed counties and be able to travel to others.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead in the implementation and evaluation of prevention programs and services in Region 10.
- Develop, coordinate and oversee new and current county-wide prevention initiatives and coalitions.
- Effectively develop and maintain strategic partnerships and community relationships to ensure excellent communication and collaboration regarding prevention programs and outcomes reporting.
- Recruit new facilitators and provide motivation, support and communication to current facilitators in Region 1
- Work to ensure fidelity of facilitators’ presentation of training programs
- Effectively provide training and promotional presentations to various audiences throughout Region 10
- Provide support as needed to the Prevention staff at GCCA Atlanta Office
- Assist in the development and monitoring of strategic vision, annual goals and program services.
- Provide regular program and facilitator progress reports to Prevention Director and others as needed
- Experience managing multiple large-scale projects
- Experience creating and delivering professional presentations
- Strong oral and written skills
- Education in an education or service-related field (Social Work, Psychology, Education, Counseling, Sociology preferred)
- Experience in community organizing or community stakeholder engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Comfort with and capability of working independently
- High motivation and strong organization skills