Driver (Southeast Operations)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Driver (Southeast Operations)
MedShare is a humanitarian aid organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of people, communities and our planet by sourcing and directly delivering surplus medical supplies and equipment to communities in need around the world.
MedShare seeks an experienced Driver for the Southeast Distribution Center. The Driver is required to drive the company and rental trucks on regular weekly routes and ad-hoc pick-ups. In addition, the Driver assists with warehouse and volunteer sort-room duties as needed and maintains good relations with hospital and other donors.
Reports To: Director of Operations, Southeast Region
Duties & Responsibilities
- Run weekly hospital routes, maintaining positive relationships with hospital staff
- Additional pick-ups as required
- Assist in scheduling additional pick-ups
- Direct temporary, and permanent staff on pick-ups as required
- Report any problems with routes or pick-ups, particularly access issues
- Unload and weigh product received at the Southeast distribution center, and enter data into the inventory management system and Excel tracking sheet
- Transfer product between MedShare SE warehouse and auxiliary warehouses
- Maintain cleanliness of company vehicle, and report any maintenance problems with vehicle to Director of Operations
- Maintain vehicle maintenance records and conduct weekly vehicle safety checks
- Take vehicle for repair and periodic maintenance, when necessary
- Pick up and drop off rental vehicles as necessary
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse
- Maintain route directions
- Assist warehouse, inventory management, and volunteer staff with their duties when not picking up donations
- Other duties as required
- Minimum of three (3) years truck driving experience, preferably route driving
- Ability to safely drive non-CDL trucks up to 26 feet in box length
- Class C License with a clean 3 year DMV record (have a 7 year DMV printout at time of interview)
- Current forklift certification with at least 2 years of experience on stand-up and sit-down lifts
- Ability to safely operate standard warehouse equipment
- Experience interacting with customers/donors along with strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of the Metro Atlanta area roads and traffic patterns
- Proven ability to work steadily and independently with minimum supervision and to follow standardized procedures
- High School Diploma or equivalent required (some college preferred)
- Exert force and/or able to lift 100 lbs
- Pass background check, physical and all credentialing with hospital partners
Salary commensurate with skills and experience. MedShare offers an attractive benefits package, including full healthcare, dental, and vision, 401(k), and paid leave. The position is located in Atlanta.
Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Driver, Southeast Operations” in the subject line.
Thank you for considering us! We regret that we are only able to respond to final candidates.