- Experience Level
For the person that loves to coordinate events while making a difference in our community, our Event Coordinator is the perfect position! Join our team of passionate, supportive colleagues in the Development department as we plan, create, and execute successful events around the year. Hands-on experience and growth opportunities available.
Feeling great about making a positive and active change in your community, excellent benefits, generous vacation time, and even your birthday off! We can’t wait to meet you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Development Produced Events and Agency Fundraiser Events
- Take a leadership role in fundraising event logistic preparation, execution, staffing and reconciliation
- Assist in producing development events (such as quarterly Roundtables with donors, bi-annual Empowerment Circle dinners, Open Houses, Leadership Networks) and agency fundraiser events as determined such as Vintage Hollywood, Fall Affair, Summer Fest, SOS, etc.
- Calendar events and coordinate schedule with appropriate agency staff
- In collaboration with Marketing & Communications team, coordinate invitation design and distribution
- Responsible for invitation list management in concert with all Development staff, and with support from Development Associate in pulling lists from database
- Coordinate RSVP management with Development Associate
- Perform event program and “run of show” management
- Design and implement events decor, food, drink, etc.
- Arrange coverage for event staffing needs and secure parking logistics
- Assist in volunteer planning for events, in concert with Volunteer Relationships team
- Take the lead in “Day/Night of” needs and logistics management and execution
- Produce close out event summary information, thank you letters, vendor communications, etc.
- Coordinate event follow-up plan among Development staff, although actual actions may be executed by appropriate staff
Community Relationship Building
- Assist in community relationship building opportunities with 3rd party and community events to raise funds for and awareness of the agency mission
- Participate in community outreach events, including planning and preparation for participation, which may include weekend and evening activities at community fairs
- Work in concert with Communications and Volunteer Management colleagues to promote community and corporate events as appropriate and recruit volunteer participation in events as appropriate
- Generate personalized thank-you letters for funds received at 3rd party and external events
- Enter relevant event, community, and corporate data into Raiser’s Edge
- Coordinates logistics for corporate and community in-kind donations, in coordination with Development and Program staff.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in project organization and management
- A passion for connecting philanthropists with high impact opportunities to help the most vulnerable in their communities
- Detail oriented with strong time management, organizational, written, verbal, interpersonal, and computer skills
- Able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Computer literate; able to effectively use computerized database, with demonstrable skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel programs
- Proficient in the use of the Internet and social media tools
- Valid CA Driver’s license, reliable car, auto insurance, and an acceptable driving record
- Able to work some evenings and weekends for special events and meetings as requested
- Able to travel between Westside and downtown Los Angeles as work requires
- Familiarity with Raiser’s Edge or other donor management system preferred
- Minimum 30 WPM typing speed preferred