Manager, Educational Outreach & Operations
- Experience Level
We are seeking candidates who have strong organization and communication skills, pay attention to detail, the ability to problem solve and be creative, and be a good team member. An extensive administrative background, supporting C-Suite level executive(s) and the ability to multi-task with ease and prioritize to meet deadlines. Proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat are required. Experience using Salesforce is a plus.
The Manager, Education Outreach & Operations will be responsible for creating, organizing and administering activities that relate directly to CFA Institute exam candidates and the CFA Institute Investment Research Challenge. The Manager will also be responsible for outreach to universities, colleges, and high schools in the state of Georgia. The Manager will also be the backup for the Executive Director and will report to the Executive Director.
The Manager’s major responsibilities will include management of the CFA Institute Research Challenge local competition, CFA charter conferment dinner, CFA exam offerings, and providing support to the University Outreach Committee. This will include the management of the relationship between CFA Society Atlanta and third-party exam prep providers.
Major duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the administration of the annual CFA Institute Research Challenge local competition.
- This includes being the main point of contact for email correspondence.
- Work with CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA member volunteers in coordinating contact with the subject company.
- Register all participating teams.
- Help in recruiting volunteers (mentors, graders, judges, others) for the entire competition cycle.
- Event management on the day of the competition.
- Social media coordination.
- Responsible for all administrative duties; maintaining spreadsheets, coordinating conference calls, committee communications, managing task lists and action items, etc.
- Work with the University Outreach Committee in scheduling volunteers for visits to colleges and high schools, including partnering with area college student organizations and career fairs. This could include outreach efforts by the CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA Foundation.
- Manage relationship between third party exam prep providers and the Society with respect to the CFA Institute exams and other stackable credentials such as CAIA.
- Market and promote the CFA Institute exams and prep providers, including the mock CFA exam, with area employers in coordination with the Corporate Outreach Committee.
- Work with CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA member volunteers in help securing speaker for CFA charter conferment dinner.
- Oversee process for reviewing CFA exam scholarship applications. Committee would still make the final decision on allocation of scholarships.
- Promote scholarship programs locally.
- Working with applicants through the application process.
- Liaising with the CFA Institute scholarship office to ensure proper awards.
- Work with the regional CFA Institute University Relations team to identify target universities for the University Affiliation program.
- Provide help for Executive Manager with other administrative tasks as needed. Be available to attend and participate in CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA board meeting.
- The Manager will be the backup for the Executive Director, and this person will be responsible for documenting all processes and procedures undertaken by CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA.
- The Manager will help to lead the administration of the CFA Societies of the Southeastern US Leadership Conference.
- The Manager represents the best interests of the society’s membership, CFA Institute, and the profession, and may be called upon by the Board of Trustees to represent the society in a variety of venues.
This will be a contract position with a one-year term, renewable by CFA SOCIETY ATLANTA, and a Form 1099 will be issued.
The Manager will be provided with a company laptop and will work from home office.
For consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.