Fund Development Manager
- Experience Level
Implement and manage a comprehensive fund development program that builds sustainable funding from corporate, foundation and individual donors, with particular focus on donors at leadership levels ($1,000 to $25,000+). Together with the CEO, the Fund Development Manager will develop strategic and tactical plans for the overarching goals of the fund development program annually. As an individual contributor, this position is responsible for the identification, engagement, solicitation and stewardship of 50+ donors and prospective donors of $1,000 or more.
Include Salary Requirements
Reports To: Chief Executive Officer
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Implement a comprehensive fund development program, including annual gifts from all sources and using all appropriate methods:
- Conducting direct solicitation, including support of the CEO and board members in their solicitation of donors
- Implement direct mail and online solicitation of individual donors
- Oversee special events, corporate and foundation grants with the support of a free-lance grant writer
- Oversee marketing efforts in relation to fund development needs, periodically working with free-lance marketing support
- Build and monitor a name-by-name table of gifts, analyze and adjust on a monthly basis for the first six months of each calendar year and a weekly basis thereafter
- Develop an engagement and solicitation calendar for all donors of $1,000 or more including solicitation by:
- Special events
- Face-to-face solicitation by staff, board or other volunteers
- Conduct yearly review and assessment of annual giving program, making adjustments as necessary
- Together with the CEO and Board, meet all annual dollar, acquisition, retention and upgrade goals
- Work closely with the CEO on her top level engagement and solicitation activities
- In conjunction with the CEO, work with board members to implement their individual fund development plans
- Create a comprehensive stewardship program, ensuring that:
- all donors giving less than $1,000 receive at least one stewardship piece in addition to thank you notes
- all leadership donors receive additional stewardship tied to their giving interests including face-to-face interaction
- all major gift donors receive annual fund stewardship in addition to any major gift steps
- Manage a pool of 50+ prospects and donors
- Develop strategies,
- Make 5-7 face-to-face visits per month and
- Write contact reports for each visit
- Research and evaluate "requests for proposals" and opportunities for grant funding.
- Work with the CEO, the Program Director and others to develop grant portfolio
- Oversee the free-lance grant writer in timely and accurate completion of all grant proposals and renewal requests
- Track grant funding including upcoming deadlines, submitted applications, and funded applications. Complete and submit all requiring reports and documentation for funders.
- Track and prepare reporting to all grantors as required by grant
- Provide customer service to current and prospective donors via telephone and email.
- Ensure donors comments and feedback are passed along to the appropriate colleagues in the development and other departments.
- A bachelor’s degree
- An articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.
- Three to five years proven track record in development or in appropriate transferable responsibilities
- Five or more years proven track record in development with increasing levels of responsibility
- Superior communications skills emphasizing the ability listen and hear others and the ability to write for a variety of audiences;
- Ability to work flexibly in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial atmosphere;
- A sense of humor
- Computer proficient in Google environment, Microsoft Office products and Donor Development Software.