- Position Type
- Full Time
RDA is a woman-owned, mission driven consulting firm with a 30-year history. We provide consultation to city, county, and state agencies and non-profit organizations. Our efforts are aimed at addressing persistent social, health and economic problems of populations served by public agencies.
Resource Development Associates is seeking a highly-motivated individual with strong quantitative and qualitative research and communication skills (verbal and written), who is committed to social and economic justice. Research Associates work as members of project teams with Program Associates and Senior Program Associates on a wide variety of issues including but not limited to evaluations, planning projects, and grant writing on juvenile and criminal justice, mental health, social services, foster care, public health and many other disciplines. The Research Associate position is an entry level position and can lead to other levels of employment.
- Participate in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis including conducting interviews and facilitating discussions; creating and administering survey tools; entering, managing and QA-ing data;
- Coordinate with city, county, and non-profit organizations to obtain data;
- Prepare PowerPoints and other materials for presentation at internal and external meetings;
- Conduct research on best practices and prepare literature reviews;
- Support senior staff by conducting research utilizing on-line sources, journal articles and reports, writing up summaries of researched materials, drafting reports;
- Review datasets to ensure understanding of data structure and meaning and to clarify assumptions, outcomes, and findings;
- Draft and finalize evaluation reports, strategic plans, grants, and needs assessments.
- Assist meeting facilitators and leaders of focus groups (including conducting outreach and organizing meetings, note-taking and charting);
- Work as a team member with other staff on multiple projects and efforts.
- Be able to understand and follow a work plan;
- Provide administrative support including data entry, general office tasks, etc; other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Competency with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access;
- Experience working with culturally and ethnically diverse communities
- Spanish language fluency is highly desirable;
- Display professionalism in the workplace and the field;
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills;
- Demonstrated experience in being a quick learner and self-directed.
- Generous vacation and sick leave
- RDA sponsored life and AD&D insurance
- 401k, with RDA discretionary match after 2 years of employment
- 100% RDA sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance
- RDA sponsored long and short-term disability insurance
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for medical, dependent care, and transit and parking expenses
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume, three references, and a writing sample to email@example.com. This job will remain open until filled. No phone calls please. RDA is an equal opportunity employer. RDA appreciates each application it receives, but due the volume of responses for positions at RDA, only candidates who best fit the needs of the organization will be contacted.
Our Inclusionary and equitable hiring practices are a reflection of our first Core Value, “We are unwavering in our commitment to social justice”. We are deeply committed to hiring staff that mirrors our diverse Bay Area community.