CareerWorks Women Venture Program Manager
- Experience Level
Atlanta Center for Self Sufficiency, Inc. (ACSS) empowers financially vulnerable individuals in our community to become self-sufficient, sustainably employed and economic contributors to society. Our programs include CareerWorks, a comprehensive job readiness training and job placement program; Veterans Employment Assistance Program, a targeted initiative aimed at helping homeless veterans re-integrate into the workforce; and CareerWorks Women Venture, a targeted initiative aimed at helping women and families to become self-sufficient.
Job Title: CareerWorks Women Venture Program Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Direct Reports: None
Position Summary: The CareerWorks Women Venture (WoVen) Program Manager supports the agency’s efforts to empower financially vulnerable women to reach their goals for self-sufficiency by providing targeted high-impact life stabilization, workforce readiness, and entrepreneurial development services. The position will manage the day-to-day operations of WoVen to include case management for women enrolled in Victims of Crime Transitional Services (VICTRS) and Sisters of Atlanta Rising (SOAR). Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining relationships with service providers, employment partners, and community members, and reviewing outcome measures.
Organization-Wide Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies
- Mission Focused- Carries out the mission by living the values of ACSS.
- Collaborates Cross-Functionally- Works effectively with other departments, sharing information and insights to better the organization while working towards common goals.
- Continuously Transforms- Exhibits a willingness to learn new things and improve the status quo.
- Communicates for Impact- Demonstrates effective communication skills in working with others.
- Takes Pride in Client’s Success- Expresses a willingness to put clients’ success as first priority, taking great pride when clients break the cycle of homelessness.
- Energized by Challenging Situations- Individual not only embraces challenges, but is energized by complex tasks.
- Is a Leader - Influences others to accomplish the mission in ways consistent with the values of ACSS.
- Demonstrates Initiative- Determines what needs to be done and accomplishes these goals and/or objectives with little or no prompting.
Leadership Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Demonstrates Accountability-Takes full responsibility for results and takes ownership of all responsibilities and commitments. Delivers results within prescribed time while taking into account quality standards and impact. Operates in compliance with ACSS policies and procedures.
- Effective Decision Making- Makes informed and timely decisions and takes responsibility for these decisions. Modifies decisions based on new information. Involves others in the decision making process from all levels when necessary to enhance decision-making.
- Commitment to Outcome Measurement- Embraces strong evaluation and reporting processes to demonstrate effectiveness. Identifies ways to refine and improve service delivery.
.Responsibilities/Essential Job Functions:
- Manage services offered to women enrolled in the WoVen program including those enrolled in VICTRS and SOAR, and be able to articulate its services and outcomes to appropriate audiences.
- Represent ACSS in conducting outreach and recruitment of eligible clients with existing and new partners.
- Develop relationships with potential and existing referral agencies throughout metro Atlanta, and provide consistent follow-up with partners as needed.
- Facilitate orientation sessions for incoming clients (group or individual).
- Conduct intake procedures, including interviews and assessments, and data entry.
- Familiarize and link clients to other services and benefits.
- Assist job development staff to identify clients for employment opportunities.
- Track outcomes related to recruitment, assessment, and intake in Salesforce and ClientTrack.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports related to key job functions.
- Maintain an understanding of all of ACSS’ programs, goals, and key issues.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field (or related experience).
- MSW preferred.
- Experience in victim services.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs.
- Familiarity with local, state and federal grant programs and monitoring requirements.
- Experience using Salesforce or similar data system.
- Superior writing (both creative and analytical) and editing skills.
- Ability to represent the organization in a compelling way, in a variety of environments.
Special Requirements: Must have reliable transportation.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demand: The work is mostly sedentary with periods of light physical activity, and is performed in office surroundings. Typical positions require workers to walk or stand for long periods; life and carry up to 20 pounds; climb stairs, bend, reach, hold, grasp, and turn objects; and operate computer or typewriter keyboards. The work requires the ability to speak normally and to use normal or aided vision and hearing. Subject to work beyond the normal scheduled hours of work; to attend evening meetings and work sessions.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
General sign-off: The employee is expected to adhere to all company polices and to act as a role model in the adherence to polices.
ACSS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
No phone calls please.