Assessment Specialist/Social Worker
- Experience Level
POSITION/TITLE: Assessment Specialist/Social Worker
RESPONSIBLE TO: Senior Social Worker (Supervisor)
STATUS: Regular; Non-Exempt (hourly); Full-Time (M-F)
PROGRAM ADDRESS: 1375 Fairfax Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94124
Meals on Wheels provides a network of services that allow seniors to live in their homes with dignity and independence as long as possible.
Responsible for conducting in-home assessments with homebound senior clients to determine eligibility for the Home Deliver Meal Program. In addition, provide information, referral and/or support services to eligible clients as needed within the organizations guidelines. Assessment Specialist/Social Workers work closely with the home delivered meal staff to ensure smooth delivery of meal service to clients.
- Two years of hands on experience working with seniors and familiarity with resources for seniors in San Francisco strongly preferred
- A Bachelor’s in Social Work or Gerontology or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work with a diverse community
- Must be able to work well with others as part of a team
- Employee should be comfortable with and be able to work independently in the field
- Excellent organization, communication & written documentation skills
- Computer experience required, including Microsoft Office suite and database, preferably Salesforce
- Bilingual/bicultural a plus, most needed languages: Spanish, Cantonese, Russian, Mandarin, Tagalog
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements outlined in Physical Job Description
- Responsible for transportation to and from home visits
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Under the supervision of the Senior Social Work (Supervisor), and in accordance with the provisions of MOWSF’s Employee Handbook and the Social Work and Case Management Procedures Manuals, the Assessment Specialist/Social Worker is responsible for:
- Conducting in-home initial eligibility assessments for clients applying to the Home Delivered Meal Program throughout all areas of San Francisco. Providing information, referral and or support services to eligible clients as needed within the organizations guidelines.
- Conducting annual assessments with clients on the home delivered meal program throughout all areas of San Francisco. Providing information, referral and or support services to eligible clients as needed within the organizations guidelines.
- Establishing and maintaining accurate and timely client data.
- Assisting with development and updating of information on community resources for seniors.
- Keeping updated with and carrying out all MOWSF agency, social work and client policies.
- Responding to client inquiries about the program.
- Handling client situations as they arise.
- Working with MOWSF departments to assure clients are effectively served.
- Meeting as needed with drivers to address any client concerns.
- Following up with clients not answering the door for their meal delivery.
- Referring clients to MOWSF volunteer services, handling client/volunteer concerns as needed.
- Attending relevant community senior and social service meetings as assigned.
- Participating in presentations of social work information at driver meetings, in-service workshops, outside agency presentations, etc. as requested.
- Providing computer and data entry assistance in the Social Work Department as needed.
- Working at MOWSF events as requested such as Thanksgiving Day.
- Completing monthly reports.
- Delivering meals in emergency situations as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
SALARY / HOURS / BENEFITS: The position is regular, hourly, non-exempt and based on a 40-hour work week (M-F). MOWSF offers a generous benefits package that includes a robust medical, dental and vision plan that is paid by the Agency, paid Sick, Vacation, Holiday, Personal Days. Other optional fringe benefits in accordance with MOWSF Employee Handbook.
Meals on Wheels is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or national origin. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
More searches like this
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Home Health Aid / Senior Care Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Human Services $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco