- Experience Level
Provide support to Senior Development Manager and Communications Manager related to all aspects of PFT’s fundraising program, including implementation of foundation, corporate, individual and event-based fundraising, including:
- Assist with all aspects of individual gift solicitations including efforts to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors.
- Conduct web-based research on individual donor prospects, and prepare a summary report on each prospect.
- Assist in scheduling donor and prospect meetings.
- Develop and maintain a schedule for tracking all contacts, relationships and involvement of fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate all correspondence, mail appeals, and other communication with individual donors and prospects.
- Support the planning and execution of donor cultivation events and field trips.
- Assist with drafting foundation and corporate proposals for programmatic and general operating support, and restricted programs.
- Compile foundation and corporate proposals, including organizational documents, as required by the funding source.
- Maintain a fundraising calendar to assure that Letters of Inquiry (LOI), foundation proposals, interim and final reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Document foundation/corporate progress reporting requirements.
- Ensure final reports expeditiously submitted to funding sources.
- Assist in all aspects of planning and implementing PFT’s annual Forest Fete fundraising event in San Francisco, including compiling and maintaining guest list, invitation printing, catering, mailings, and venue coordination.
- Support the efforts of the event planning committee to identify and solicit event sponsors.
- Produce all event correspondence including sponsorship solicitations, recognition, and acknowledgements.
- Assist in recruiting and coordinating volunteers around the annual event.
- Assist in the planning, logistics, and follow up for other mid-sized events conducted by PFT.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Development Manager, including scheduling, filing, and correspondence.
- Maintain the fundraising database, ensuring that donation information is updated and accurate.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly fundraising reports for presentation to the Senior Development Manager and President.
- Maintain filing systems for foundations and corporate and individual contributions.
- Provide backup collaboration and support for other related development duties and fund raising efforts initiated by the organization.
Part of the Development and Communications Team. Reports to the Senior Development Manager, and provides ongoing support and systems management. In cooperation with the Executive Coordinator, provides additional support to the PFT President related to fundraising activities. As part of the Development & Communications Team, participates in planning and implementing Forest Fete. Provides information to the Director of Finance and Administration for foundation proposal submissions and reporting. Coordinates work efforts with other staff as necessary.
Skills and Experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Adept at organizing one’s own work and the work of others.
- At least one year of experience in fundraising or communications for a non-profit organization.
- Experience with basic database maintenance and administration, preferably including experience with donor databases or CRMs. Experience with eTapestry would be particularly valuable.
- High level of comfort with Internet and basic MS Office applications.
- Skills in Mac OS X environment preferred.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
- BA/BS degree preferred.