Director of Sponsorship Relations
- Position Type
- Full Time
General Function: This role is primarily responsible to grow and retain sponsorships in order to meet sales goals for TAG Events. This is one of TAG’s key position to develop and maintain relationships with sponsor companies for the purpose of revenue generation. Responsibilities include sponsor prospecting, proposal customization and presentations, contract revision and services, and sponsor follow-up and support. The desired outcome is to attract and retain sponsorship through exceptional care and feeding of client stakeholders, leading to high levels of company engagement, in addition to attracting new sponsorship. Like all TAG jobs, this one is multifaceted, affording the candidate a broad array of growth experiences.
Skills Desired: Must be able to understand the needs of sponsors and deliver on customer success. Strong multi-tasking and time management skills. Excellent writing and verbal skills. Comfort with marketing and C-level interaction. Exemplary relationship management abilities including, but not limited to interpersonal communication, client-based research, and lead generation. Ability to work independently, as well as with a team; event planning and management; leadership skills. Ability to work under changing priorities, and workloads while maintaining multiple projects.
- Successfully implement a sponsorship strategy - including, but not limited to: prospecting; current sponsorship renewal and portfolio growth; and building and maintaining a pipeline for all TAG events and products.
- Meet and exceed all sales and revenue targets
- Deliver exceptional customer service to sponsors and prospective sponsors.
- Cultivate the relationship between TAG and the TAG champion or sponsor lead with every company.
- Attend TAG events
- Work with our key staff (Marketing, Events, Government Relations, C-Level presence) to provide robust experiences for sponsors.
- Enhance current members’ engagement with TAG event sponsorships solicitation.
- Meet with prospects to provide information/secure new TAG sponsors.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of effective sales materials and sponsorship collateral.
- Provide timely data and updates on sponsorship reports.
- Prepare contracts, invoices, appropriate post-event reports/thank you follow up.
- Maintain adherence to TAG operational budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.