Marketing Communications Manager
- Experience Level
Notre Dame Academy
Marketing Communications Manager
Notre Dame Academy is a Marist Catholic and International Baccalaureate World School serving students in grade pre-k through high school and located in Duluth, Georgia.
The role of the Marketing Communications Manger is to manage the overall communication between Notre Dame Academy and the school’s internal and external constituencies. Prepares all marketing and communications materials using a variety of mediums including print, digital, video and social media. Oversees all communication efforts via the school website, school-wide emails a social media. Writes, designs and manages all printed publications such as the annual report, school accreditation reports, admissions materials, fundraising and special events materials. Supports the work of the development office and promotes the academic departments and programs of the school. Employs the latest research trends and tools in advancement focused communications. Reports to the Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid. This is a full-time 12 month position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Public Relations and Marketing:
- Writes and distributes press releases related to major milestone events or school accomplishments.
- Communicates announcements to local parish bulletins and print / online neighborhood newsletters for the school’s open house.
- Works with Director of Enrollment and Financial Aid on approval and design of all ND Academy’s marketing collateral.
- Coordinates stationary, business cards, name badges for faculty/staff
- Administrative liaison to the school’s third party website development firm.
- Manages updates and distribution of content throughout the site on a daily basis, with the exception of the Athletic content which is managed by the Athletic Department.
- Creates and sends weekly email communication to the ND Academy community.
- Uses Google Analytics to track website traffic, usage, online campaigns, etc.
- Responsible for coordinating print and online advertising opportunities in various publications.
- Negotiates ad rates and additional PR opportunities for the school in designated online or print publications.
- Researches new and unique advertising opportunities.
- Social Media:
- Manages daily communication, photos, content, connections and “fans” on ND Academy’s major social networking sites: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Graphic Design:
- Designs ad artwork, printed marketing material, event artwork, and other necessary pieces for the school.
- Updates electronic sign outside of Schroeder Hall with weekly school-wide events.
- Responsible for making sure Yearbook Advisor and Staff have proper access to brand guidelines and photographs necessary to complete Yearbook.
- Takes photos at all internal school events or celebrations, uploading/editing/organizing photos and sharing photos with the school community.
- Liaison between the school and our school’s professional photographer.
- Books photographer vendor at major ND Academy events and communicates information post-event.
- Coordinates photography sessions for school personnel and students.
- Responsible for overseeing creation of the school’s marketing video.
The Ideal candidate will have:
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing or related field and previous work experience in Communications, Marketing or related field.
- Ability to write effortlessly for press releases, executive letters, speeches, brochures and websites.
- A strong work ethic, positive attitude, “team” mentality and thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously and meet or exceed deadline expectations.
- Ability to write speeches, letters, memoranda and other communications forms
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to articulate the mission, vision, brand and priorities of Notre Dame Academy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop on a Mac platform is a must
To Apply: Qualified Applicants should provide samples of previous writing and/or design projects, a letter of interest, resume, salary requirements and references to Debi Doverspike, Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting Date 8/6/2019.