- Experience Level
About the Bay Area Crisis Nursery
The Bay Area Crisis Nursery’s (BACN’s) ultimate goal is that all children are safe, healthy, and thrive both emotionally and physically. Our mission is simple, yet powerful, “to prevent child abuse and neglect through providing supportive services to families.” To support children’s safety and well-being, the Nursery provides crisis and respite childcare for families who are struggling. In addition to caring for the children, our staff provide case management wraparound services to help stabilize the family situation.
We continue to engage families long after their stay offering diapers, food, clothing, toys, formula, and much more. Our families receive Thanksgiving dinner—with all the fixings and our elves adopt each child who walks through our door and gifts them 7 presents each. The Easter Bunny makes up to 150 baskets annually filled to the brim with toys, stuffed eggs, books, clothes, and more. We can’t forget the back-to-school backpacks with all the supplies on their teacher’s list. The Nursery truly is a magical place for children and families.
Are you a fundraising professional looking for a fun, fast-paced environment working for an agency that’s truly adored by our community? Join our team, and put your talents to work for good. The Bay Area Crisis Nursery is looking for a dynamic development director to work in partnership with a dynamic executive director. Together, you will ensure that the Nursery’s mission continues and children and families thrive.
Major Duties- Fund Development
- Build relationships with foundations, other grant making organizations, corporations, and individuals to advance our mission and fundraising goals
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies and initiatives to meet or exceed fundraising and net revenue goals
- Assess the success of each fundraising campaign and create new fundraising strategies and opportunities
- Manage all aspects of fundraising events in coordination with event chairs and volunteers
- Assist in managing community giving events
- Lead and manage prospect research, donor correspondence, the acknowledgment process, and ongoing donor stewardship inline with the donor lifecycle
- Ensure strong stewardship with funders, and pays diligent attention to grant report deadlines, goals for deliverables, and compliance with grant terms
Major Duties- Communications
- Create strategies to maintain and grow email subscriber lists and social media following
- Assist in the production of marketing materials, brochures, and annual reports
- Produce blog posts and press releases
- Format and send mass emails and communications through Constant Contact
Major Duties- Management
- Direct supervision of the Giving Officer
- Develop and manage annual revenue and expense budgets for development activities
- Maintain and develop training materials, standard operating procedures, and user guides
- Train staff on best practices for database management, creating reports, and tracking data
- Ensure that all contributions and donor data are properly managed in the donor database, including monthly reconciliation of contributions with the finance department
- Prepare and present development reports and statistical analysis to the team and board of directors
- Support the agency’s strategic initiatives
- BA/BS or higher required
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role with demonstrated initiative to raise funds at a level that meets or exceeds annual goals
- Strong writer with impeccable editing skills—previous grant research and writing experience is required
- Solid knowledge of budgeting and ability to prepare and track fundraising revenue and expenses
- At least 2 years of experience using fundraising software (CRM preferred)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google applications
- Prioritizes tasks in a fast-paced setting with a can do, positive attitude
- Valid driver’s license; travel is required for this position
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Familiarity with WordPress, Constant Contact, and social media marketing tools
How to Apply
To apply for the Development Director position, email all required information to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include Development Director in the subject line of the email. The following items are required for a complete application packet: cover letter, resume, two grant writing samples. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applications will be considered as they are submitted.
The position will remain open until filled. No phone calls please.
BACN is committed to maintaining a staff that reflects the diverse communities we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring, promotions, or any other personnel action on the basis of sex, sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, economic status, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, medical condition, and/or mental or physical disability, or any other consideration made unlawful by local, state, and federal laws.