Bilingual Information and Referral Specialist I or II
- Experience Level
Reports to: Call Center Manager
Wage Range: $ 30,000 to $33,000
About HMHB: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia's mission is to improve maternal and infant health through advocacy, education, and access to vital resources. Our vision is that every mother and child in Georgia will have access to resources for a healthier life. Learn more about HMHB by visiting us online at www.hmhbga.org.
Overview: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia (HMHB) seeks a qualified applicant for the Full-time position of Bilingual Information and Referral Specialist to work with our Call Center team. We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team and support our mission-driven activities.
- High School Diploma.
- One year of experience in information and referral systems or call center experience.
- One year of experience working in a Human Services agency.
- Experience with computer systems, data entry, and word processing.
- Knowledge of community resources in Georgia.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle complex calls and situations.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of service and response.
- Must possess knowledge of Georgia programs that serve families.
- Knowledge of Georgia early intervention services.
- Previous experience with healthcare databases and family casework tracking.
- Ability to type 30 words per minute.
- Associate Degree or higher Preferred.
- Handles inbound and outbound consumer calls for contracted services for multiple lines of business in the Call Center.
- Document all aspects of client interaction in a customized computer database.
- Complete follow-up calls to clients as assigned.
- Work with Call Center Team to achieve goals outlined in the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of health care and public health services, community resources, and relevant policy issues.
- General office duties as assigned, such as word processing, posting mail and maintaining the office systems and environment.
- Provide excellent customer service in every interaction.
- Engage in ongoing professional development activities.
To Apply: Please follow these instructions exactly. Applications received that are not in the correct format will not be reviewed. Please email your current resume or CV and a cover letter expressing your interest IN A SINGLE PDF FILE, addressed to Shamonica McGill at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please no phone calls. Only candidates selected for consideration will be contacted.
Deadline: We request that candidate documents be submitted by August 30, 2019. The position will stay open until filled. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for initial interviews will receive a response.
Full-time employees are eligible for enrollment in employer-sponsored (80%) health, dental and vision as well as a SIMPLE IRA retirement savings plan with employer match. Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.