Information and Member Services Coordinator
- Experience Level
PURPOSE: The Information and Member Services Coordinator is responsible for operationalizing the Florida Council Against Sexual Violence’s information activities, including newsletter development and distribution, dissemination of agency products such as reports, toolkits, and guidance documents to certified sexual violence programs and collaborating partners, and updating content to the website and social media platforms to maintain their relevance and to facilitate timely communication with constituents. The Information and Member Services Coordinator is charged with ensuring that agency publications are current, and reprinted and distributed as necessary, and works with the Executive Director and Associate Director to ensure FCASV’s rapid response to sexual violence issues receiving media attention. The Information and Member Services Coordinator may be called upon to distribute letters and emails to programs, law enforcement agencies, and policy makers; and, may be asked to attend legislative committee meetings to ensure the Executive Director and Associate Director are immediately aware when policy issues arise that necessitate an FCASV response. This position is also charged with coordinating activities undertaken by all agency personnel in the planning, development, and hosting of FCASV’s Biennial Training Summit.
RESPONSIBLE TO: Associate Director
STATUS: Full time, exempt
- High school diploma or equivalent, and at least four years of related experience, or a college degree in a relevant field and at least one year of related experience;
- Familiarity with non-profit organizations and the issues surrounding sexual violence or other social justice work;
- Cooperative work ethic;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with co-workers, supervisors, project partners, and independent contractors in the service of the agency’s mission;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills;
- Excellent research skills
- Ability to perform duties that require close attention to detail and to prioritize workload;
- Proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at one time and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Demonstrated problem solving and creative/analytical thinking capacities
- Ability to travel including occasional overnight work. Must have own means of transportation.
- Coordinate publication and distribution of written and electronic resources such as e-newsletters, reports, toolkits, guidance documents, etc.
- Assist in the creation of resources for FCASV’s constituencies including curricula, fact sheets, training materials, guidance documents, and best practice recommendations.
- Attend statewide workgroup meetings, as assigned, and take and maintain notes for use by Executive Director and/or Associate Director.
- Coordinate the updating, printing, and distribution of agency brochures on sexual violence, services, and victims’ rights.
- Distribute news releases, op-eds, talking points, articles, and letters to the editors intended to raise awareness of crimes of sexual violence.
- Distribute letters and emails to certified sexual violence programs, allied professionals, partner agencies, and policy makers.
- Work with professional printers to ensure quality of print materials developed by FCASV.
- Identify current information on sexual violence, including research articles, statistics, and resources, for use by FCASV in service of the agency’s mission
- Maintain social media and internet presence using Twitter, Facebook, blogs, FCASV website, Instagram, etc.
- Ensure FCASV website content is regularly updated with new information and resources.
- Manage agency listservs, as assigned.
- Assist in the development and production of FCASV’ Annual Report, in coordination with the Executive Director, and program and fiscal staff, as necessary.
- Track news alerts received from LobbyTools and other news alert systems, and inform the Executive Director and Associate Director about sexual violence issues in the media on a daily basis.
- Attend legislative committee meetings, as assigned.
- Coordinate activities undertaken by agency staff in planning, developing, and hosting the Biennial Statewide Training Summit.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. This job requires the ability to travel to and from different locations within the State of Florida.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
FCASV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: FCASV is committed to the practice of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at FCASV are based on agency needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), national, social, or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, familial status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity and/or expression. FCASV also makes reasonable accommodations for employees with disabilities and encourages applicants of all ages.