Associate Director, Aging Equality Project
- Willingness to Travel
- up to 25%
We strongly encourage people of color, transgender and non-binary people to apply. HRC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone, including non-LGBTQ people, to join our team.
The Associate Director of the Aging Equality Project directly manages the HRC Foundation’s Aging programs, including the Long-Term Care Equality Index (LEI). The primary focus of the position is the LEI, including outreach, management of the database, customer service, survey review and website. The position includes outreach and substantial direct consultation with residential long-term care facilities on LGBTQ inclusive policies and practices as well as the LEI survey process. The position also manages other aging related projects, including creation of special reports, webpages, blog posts, and events.
The Associate Director reports to the Director of the Health & Aging Program (HAP), co-supervises a Health and Aging employee, and participates in Foundation meetings and projects.
- Collaborate closely with the Director, Health & Aging Program and external partner, SAGE, on LEI outreach strategies, survey revisions, website and report content plan and implementing other LEI activities, including meetings, conferences, publications, collaborations, policy analysis, etc.
- Manage all aspects of the LEI database and other online forms and tools, including data imports and exports, quality control, technical and infrastructure needs, and LEI survey creation and maintenance, training tracking processes.
- Manage LEI marketing and outreach efforts, including target identification, facility research, implementation of communication efforts, analysis of results, and strategies for enhanced success.
- Manage LEI customer service systems, including LEI mailbox and technical assistance provision.
- Analyze LEI data for the LEI report, board reports, and other internal and external purposes.
- Draft or otherwise assist in preparation of LEI annual report.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral presentations about LEI and LGBTQ aging, representing HAP internally and externally, as needed.
- Develop other LGBTQ aging related resources and materials including special reports, webpages, blog posts, and events.
- Track current research and publications relevant to LGBTQ aging and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and experts in the field.
- Collaborate with internal and external colleagues on LGBTQ aging related projects.
- Work with social media and communications team to amplify Aging Equality Project activities and related topics.
- Co-supervise and provide day-to-day management to a Health & Aging Program employee including task assignments, regular check-ins, long-term goal-setting, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, conducting performance reviews, coaching, motivating, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent work experience), with at least five years’ experience in project management, preferably in the field of aging and/or LGBTQ health and social services.
- Experience with and knowledge of LGBTQ aging and/or health programs and the long-term care sector.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including proficiency in developing reports and website content development.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive) and web-based survey applications; high aptitude for database applications and experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Demonstrable success in organizing and managing projects which are multi-faceted and mission-driven.
- Success in marketing, outreach and related relationship-building.
- Skilled in program development, implementation, analysis, and evaluation.
- Flexibility with work schedule; must be willing to travel and work some evening and weekend hours. Ability to travel approximately 10% of work time.
- Knowledge of LGBTQ health and/or aging concerns preferred.
All positions at the Human Rights Campaign may require travel on a regular basis or periodically. Where the need arises for business travel, appropriate compensation as outlined by the Fair Labor Standards Act will apply.
No phone calls or emails, please. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to queries about application status.