Public Engagement Coordinator, US
- Willingness to Travel
Just Vision is seeking a dynamic, driven and innovative Public Engagement Coordinator to join our growing team. This person will report to the Deputy Director to develop and implement Just Vision’s public engagement strategy around the organization’s films, media, outreach campaigns and other projects in the US and internationally. S/he/they will also interact regularly with Just Vision’s public engagement teams in Israel and Palestine, as well as our Communications and Development teams. The Public Engagement Coordinator is responsible for organizing both community-based and highly visible public events; representing the organization at screenings, conferences and other gatherings; building relationships with community leaders, educators, organizational partners and other strategic contacts; and tracking program outcomes.
Candidates must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong organizational and problem-solving skills, and a passion for engaging with diverse groups and organizations working in the Israeli-Palestinian context and on social justice issues more broadly. S/he/they will also enjoy a fast-paced, high-functioning and collaborative environment as an integral member of a small and committed staff. Familiarity with the Israeli-Palestinian context is a must. 2-3 years of experience in program development, events coordination, community organizing and/or public engagement is highly valued.
To apply, please submit a résumé with a cover letter, as well as three references and two single-page writing samples. Please email complete applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Public Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Shape and implement Just Vision’s US-based public engagement strategy, working closely with the Deputy Director.
- Identify strategic conferences and gatherings in areas related to our work including: media, journalism, storytelling, Israel/Palestine, Middle East, film impact, women’s leadership, social justice, etc., and pitch programs to ensure Just Vision is represented in these spaces.
- Plan and coordinate Just Vision’s participation at conferences, universities, festivals, community centers and other venues in the United States and internationally.
- Skillfully lead public speaking engagements with diverse audiences including Jewish, Christian, Muslim and Arab communities, as well as students, educators and activists.
- Serve as a key ambassador for the organization, liaising regularly and building relationships and strategic partnerships with policy makers, educators, faith leaders, community organizers, activists and others.
- Track program outcomes, both quantitatively and qualitatively, and ensure that appropriate public engagement tactics are implemented after each event to ensure opportunities to more deeply engage audiences over time, including: capturing contact info, audio recordings and survey data; overseeing Just Vision’s relationship database; and writing follow-up notes and event reports.
- Maintain relationships and regular communication with Palestinian and Israeli partners in the region including cultural institutions, educators, civil society leaders and activists, as it relates to Just Vision’s work.
- Write and develop content for program proposals, board reports, internal event digests and other relevant communications; when needed, work with the Communications Manager to produce written content for Just Vision’s educational materials, internal talking points and external communication related to our programming and outreach.
- When relevant, oversee film festival applications and track festival participation for the United States and internationally; coordinate all festival screenings and programming.
- Must be an ambitious, creative and strategic thinker who enjoys a challenge and is motivated by results. The position requires initiative, persistence and the ability to balance multiple priorities and responsibilities.
- A high level of familiarity with the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and a commitment to ending the occupation.
- Ideal candidate has demonstrated experience and high-level of comfort with engaging a range of audiences including Jewish, Christian, Muslim, Arab, Palestinian and Israeli constituencies.
- Astute understanding of the social, cultural and political landscape in the US, as it relates to the Israeli-Palestinian context, as well as power dynamics across issue areas.
- Superior writing skills; experience drafting conference proposals, program development pitches, event reports and other professional communication.
- Strong experience with public speaking; capable of communicating and interacting effectively and sensitively with a variety of audiences from diverse professional and cultural backgrounds. Appetite for frequent travel across the US for various speaking engagements and programs. Ability to demonstrate initiative, reliability and follow through.
- Proficient in social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to work independently and with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability and comfort working and communicating virtually with remote team members and building warmth and connection across distance.
- Detail-oriented and organized with a track record of consistently meeting deadlines.
Start Date: November 1
Location: New York (with frequent travel expected)This is a full-time, exempt position based out of our New York office, with frequent travel expected. Must be willing to travel internationally for events and team meetings several times each year and to travel extensively throughout the United States on a regular basis. We are seeking to fill the role by November 1. Applications are due by September 15.
About Just Vision:
Just Vision increases the power and reach of Palestinians and Israelis working to end the occupation and build a future of freedom, dignity and equality for all. We ensure their inspiring, under-documented stories reach audiences around the globe through strategic public engagement campaigns that undermine stereotypes, inspire commitment and galvanize action. Just Vision uses our award-winning films (including Naila and the Uprising, My Neighbourhood, Budrus and Encounter Point), digital media (such as Local Call) and community organizing tools to engage audiences in the US, Israel, Palestine and beyond, amplifying the courageous efforts of ordinary people who act in the face of challenging odds. Our overarching goal is to contribute to fostering peace and an end to the occupation by rendering Palestinian and Israeli grassroots leaders more visible, valued and effective in their efforts.
We are a lean team of human rights advocates, media strategists, filmmakers and journalists. Our team is based in Washington, DC, NYC, Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Just Vision is nonpartisan and religiously unaffiliated.
Just Vision is an equal opportunity employer. We carefully consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.