Communications & Events Manager
- Experience Level
Job Title: Communications & Events Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Employment Classification: Exempt
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with Executive Director, Leadership Team, and staff to create and implement a communications and events plan.
- Update and maintain GCADV’s website and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.
- Responsible for writing/drafting all original content/responses related to current events/incidents that may occur.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of special events, including the annual GCADV Race for Empowerment.
- Oversee all GCADV marketing for events and announcements.
- Produce and send monthly GCDAV Advocate E-News.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee production and maintenance of all print publications.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director and Leadership Team to increase supporting membership.
- Responsible for online fundraising campaigns including GA Gives Day.
- Manage the GCADV donor database.
- Build and sustain relationships with media outlets and draft press releases for events.
- Represent the agency at public outreach, tabling, and speaking events.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Cultural Competency and Antiracism
- Maintain a personal commitment to cultural competency and antiracism.
- Identify and promote cultural competency and antiracism as a high priority in all communications, both written and verbal.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to and knowledge of issues involved in working with diverse populations and organizations
- Support key strategies and initiatives for promoting cultural competency and antiracism work.
- Work both individually and as part of the GCADV team on cultural competency and antiracism strategies and initiatives.
- Actively participate in and contributes to tasks, meetings and projects in conjunction with GCADV’s Undoing Racism Plan.
- Attend supervisory meetings and general staff meetings.
- Adhere to personnel policies and confidentiality standards of colleagues, survivors and members.
- Perform all duties as a GCADV staff member in a manner which shows respect for colleagues, clients, members, volunteers, community partners and others in all ways, irrespective of differences in class or economic position, physical abilities, cultural or ethnic background, religion or faith, sexual orientation, gender or veteran status.
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of GCADV and to ending violence against women and girls.
- Understanding of and commitment to issues of cultural diversity as they apply to domestic violence intervention and services including the willingness and ability to work with people from a variety of racial, cultural and economic backgrounds, with various lifestyles, sexual orientations, and of all ages.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in communications and events related positions;
- Bachelor’s degree or qualified experience;
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office products, including Work, Excel, and Power Point, as well as online communications.
- Experience in website management and social networking;
- Experience organizing and executing special events and membership drives;
- Knowledge/experience in managing donor data bases;
- Superior organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and listening skills;
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent personal and professional boundaries.
- Ability to work as part of a team and engage in consensus-informed decision-making.
- Ability to successfully manage prioritization of tasks related to multiple projects.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relations with a variety of vendors, individuals, and organizations.
- Ability to work individually in a self-directed manner and as part of a team.
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills.
- Commitment to contributing toward a positive work culture.
- Ability and willingness to work outside of normal business hours as needed.
- Access to reliable transportation.
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made in order to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes a general category of jobs. In order to meet the needs of the Georgia Coalition Against Domestic Violence, employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time.
Compensation: Salary range is $45,000-$50,000 depending on experience. GCADV offers excellent health benefits and leave. To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and writing samples with your qualifications to email@example.com by August 22, 2019. We will accept applications only by e-mail. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. All applications will be kept strictly confidential.
GCADV is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including but not limited to people of color, people from the LGBTQ community, people with disabilities and survivors of domestic violence.