Community Engagement Manager
- Position Type
- Full Time
GVP seeks an experienced and visionary Community Engagement Manager (“CEM”). One who embraces and furthers our aspiration: We dream a world. One girl at a time.
GVP is the only school in the United States for refugee teenage girls who have had their education interrupted. Recognizing the power and value of this school and amplifying the opportunity for courageous impact, the CEM will serve as a member of the GVP Administrative Leadership and Support Team and will lead the GVP community of support with guiding methodologies and best practices for authentic and effective community engagement.
The Community Engagement Manager is a fiercely compassionate high energy multi-tasker with dynamic leadership ability, who builds coalitions and partnerships, and champions GVP’s outreach and service programs. The CEM, in collaboration with the Head of School, will develop vibrant and sustainable engagement programs across all stakeholders, including volunteers, families, students, staff, mentors, interns, and community and corporate partners.
The CEM is responsible for facilitating and coordinating a robust community engagement strategy in alignment with the GVP strategic plan, with a particular focus on building relationships with volunteers and community partners. The CEM’s main roles are to (1) direct all volunteer recruitment, retention and training; (2) develop and manage partnerships; and (3) collaborate with the Director of Student, Academic, and Global Affairs on overseeing the administration of GVP’s Mentor & Alumnae program.
Reporting directly to the Head of School, the CEM will cultivate and manage GVP volunteers and partners. Additionally, the CEM will lead and support a variety of other volunteer initiatives, community outreach programs, and work closely with GVP’s Development and Communications team on stakeholder engagement, digital fundraising campaigns, event planning, and more.
The successful Community Engagement Manager will be expected to:
- Understand & effectively communicate GVP’s mission, vision, core values & strategic direction to external groups
- Develop and manage community partnerships with the Head of School
- Identify strategic opportunities and connections with stakeholders and the community-at-large and prospect for ideas and initiatives to serve
- Formulate internal practices and procedures for coordinating the efforts of volunteers
- Recruit, train, and direct volunteers; oversee all services provided by volunteers and community partners
- Maintain strong, authentic relationships with stakeholders, cultivating relationships across diverse communities
- Providing excellent customer service while ensuring prompt and professional responses to all GVP stakeholders
- Establish strong systems for communication and messaging, formulate communication according to audience characteristics, and contextualize messaging
- Work closely with the Marketing & Communications Specialist to design messages that can be communicated appropriately and effectively among target audiences to raise awareness of GVP in the community
- Implement procedures to improve the effectiveness of GVP’s community partnership program and relationship with the public
- Maintain records regarding data associated with partnerships, volunteers, and mentors
- Create presentations for the Board of Directors based on data deemed key indicators of success, and design measures for future evaluation of GVP’s programs
- Determine methods for connecting with the community (such as through tabling and networking events, festivals, presentations, and partnership meetings) and coordinate attendance of GVP representative
- Provide ongoing input, information, and materials (as requested) that support internal and external communication efforts about programming and opportunities
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED); college preferred
- 3 or more years experience in customer service, volunteer mgmt, and/or community organization or outreach
- Excellent organizational skills and program management skills, including a demonstrated ability to efficiently plan, organize, and manage projects with limited direct supervision
- Experience in building community and equitable practices that promote diversity, equity and inclusion
- Mature, detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines
- Ability to work independently, collaboratively, and with a team; strong work ethic
- Experience promoting online material and proficiency in social media applications
- Detail-oriented with a high degree of reliability in managing and analyzing data and records
- Superior communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness in solving problems; ability to effectively support a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and needs of the organization; ability to adapt work style and schedule
- Awareness of and ties to the refugee community; bi-lingual preferred but not required
- Strong identification with the mission of GVP
- Experience with or ability to learn: Salesforce CRM, MailChimp, Google Suite products (Gmail, Google Cal, Google Drive), Google Chat and Flow Project Management, Microsoft Office products, Envoy Visitor Management
The Community Engagement Manager is a full-time, salaried, year-round position. Salary range for the position is $40,000 - $48,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include medical insurance, designated paid holidays, and paid personal time off. We are located in downtown Decatur, across the street from the Decatur MARTA station. The position requires a criminal background check. Interested applicants should send a resume, as well as a cover letter. Application materials may be submitted confidentially to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit GVP online at https://globalvillageproject.org/ to learn more about our ten year history, vision, programs, and success stories. GVP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, social class, marital status, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, or sexual orientation. GVP believes that diversity, equity and inclusion are essential elements of a 21st century education and a culture of collective community.