Respite Foster Family Consultant
- Experience Level
FaithBridge Foster Care, Georgia’s largest Christ-centered foster care agency (a non-profit organization) located in metro Atlanta, is hiring a Respite Family Consultant. This position provides support to Foster Family Consultants (FFC). This position work closely with Foster Family Consultants to manage homes that are on hold and/or that provide respite for children in our care, and Intake Coordinator to support the match and placement of children in FaithBridge Foster homes.
Core Responsibilities and Expectations
- Communicates with home study team any respite home licensing needs, concerns, changes, and ministry re-engagement plans
- Facilitates the matching of new respite homes to foster homes when there is not a natural match.
- Monitors respite homes who are wanting to foster to ensure they are appropriately converted to foster homes.
- Conducts quarterly contacts to respite families. Provides pre-placement visits with respite families to promote optimum utilization
- Manages utilization of respite homes through consulting and pastoral care
- Provide pastoral care to meet needs of children, foster and respite families.
- Responsible to document contacts in respite family file on consistent basis.
- Manages respite homes yearly training hours and documentation to maintain licensing requirements.
- Be the point person for determining respite matches as needed.
- Manages on-hold homes who have been on hold longer than 60-days to assist them to reengage.
- Make regular contact with on-hold homes and document in ER.
- Partner with AMD’s and Intake to reengage families in an expeditious manner.
- Provide additional back-up to the Intake Coordinator as available, for breaks, lunches, meetings and vacations.
- Assist Intake Coordinator with entering referrals on a weekly basis into ER and GA+SCORE to ensure that the operations report remain current.
- Demonstrates ability to navigate high stress situations and conflict using emotional and spiritual maturity
- Demonstrates an ability to positively navigate transition and change and model’s flexibility for others
- Maintains relationships with church partners as it relates to FaithBridge foster families
- Utilizes clinical and consulting skills to provide coaching and support to families
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of trauma and how that impacts the children and families served.
- Demonstrates authentic, honest and effective communication skills
Education and Experience: Degree in Human Services Field (ie. Social Work, Psychology, Behavioral Science, Counseling, Ministry/Theology, or other related degree). BA/BS required. Clinical Experience: Strong clinical knowledge, particularly in the areas of childhood trauma, family-systems, substance abuse. Strong coaching/counseling and crisis intervention skills. Experience with GA Score and Shines preferred, but not required. Georgia RBWO Foundations Certified or waiver eligible is beneficial, but not required.
Skill Requirements: Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in clients, staff, foster parents and families served. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to work within a team. Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner. Knowledge of community resources and services. Strong interpersonal skills, maturity and sensitivity to cultural and individual differences in clients, staff, foster parents and families served. Effective oral and written communication skills. Ability to handle job related matters in a professional, diplomatic and confidential manner. Knowledge of community resources and services. Ability to organize and execute responsibilities in an independent manner. Administrative Support will have a strong working knowledge of GA+Score, GA Shines.