- Degree Level
At Seneca Family of Agencies, the Development and Strategic Engagement team operates the agency’s outward presence in branding, social media, community networking and inward efforts in writing for and pursuing new funding opportunities. The Development Assistant supports the Director of Development in all functions of the department, including organizing events, communicating with donors and the Bay Area Leadership Board, and managing volunteers.
This position is an outstanding opportunity to learn about nonprofit development as well as building relationships with donors and communities. The role is ideal for someone with strong organizational and time management skills, who enjoys interacting and working with others in an innovative nonprofit environment.
“My team is fun, caring, dedicated, unconditional, hardworking, and they are lovely people. We are a small department, so we are able to build close relationships as a team and collaboratively and creatively work together.” - Seneca Development Assistant
Seneca Family of Agencies is committed to providing traditionally marginalized communities a network of outstanding mental health, community based, and educational services. Celebrating diversity and creating a culture of inclusion increases creativity, innovation, problem solving, and teamwork. Seneca’s agency-wide DEI Advisory Board, Employee Resource Groups, and Language Practice Groups help our employees provide culturally and linguistically relevant services to the families we serve. For more information on our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiative, click here!
- As the primary support staff for the Northern California Development Department, perform administrative, logistic, and communication functions for fundraising, marketing and community relations activities
- Support the activities of the Director of Development and other development staff
- Act as a first line of communication for donors, volunteers and the community
- Identify opportunities for involvement in community activities and events, and for introducing new people to the agency
- Manage volunteer events and volunteer coordination
- Collaborate and execute appeals, marketing campaigns, and generate assets as needed
- Assist in creating and updating agency collateral and fundraising materials and publications
- Assist with management of the agency website and social media
- Provide leadership and support in planning and execution of special events
- Perform data entry, updating, and monitoring for Raiser’s Edge, Classy and Benevity donor files; create reports as needed; maintain database skills through training and team meetings
- Participate in department and other meetings as requested
- Support the Board’s involvement in development activity as appropriate
- Establish and maintain effective channels of communications with co-workers, donors, foundations, affiliates, vendors, and all other business contacts
- Adhere to Association of Fundraising Professionals Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
- Maintain strict confidentiality of donor, client, and business operation information
- Additional duties as requested by the Development Director
- Bachelor’s degree.
- High level of expertise in MS Office applications.
- Donor database/Raiser’s Edge experience, desktop publishing capability, and social networking applications a plus.
- Event planning experience is desired.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including public speaking.
- Valid California driver's license with a clean driving record. Must be insurable under Seneca’s insurance policy.
- Clearance of TB test, fingerprints, and any other mandatory State/Federal licensing or certification requirements
- Full-time, Monday through Friday
- Flexible schedule required to work occasionally on weekends or in the evenings for events
- Ability to travel when needed
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including; medical, dental, vision and chiropractic coverage, as well as partially paid premiums for dependents
- 4 week flexible paid time off
- We provide a 403b retirement plan
- Employer paid Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
- Excellent training and professional development, and scholarship opportunities