Program Support Specialist
Job Title: Program Support Specialist
Reports To: Program Support Sr. Manager- New Leader
Location: Out-based / remote
The primary duty of the Program Support Specialist is to support Troop Start Ups for successful, high-quality, and effective delivery of the Girl Scout Experience. Troop startups are volunteer led troops in underserved communities. They work cross-functionally with other departments and volunteers to ensure that Girl Scouts of Greater Atlanta recruitment, retention, and business goals are met. He/She will deliver high quality customer service, technology support, and serve as at the first source for advice and guidance of Troop Start up volunteers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support to Troop Start Up Troops through in person meetings, trainings, and program support.
- Develops resources for troop start up leaders, including (but not limited to) material for print and/or online delivery, webinars, and in-person support
- Support long term Girl Lead Planning for retention of Troop Start Ups
- Accountable for creating, with the New Leader Support team, an annual action plan which will result in meeting or exceeding goals for Troop Start Up:
- Volunteer satisfaction
- Girl Experience
- Training satisfaction
- Other goals as may be determined annually
- Know and be able to articulate the mission, leadership experience, key message points and brand for Girl Scouting.
- Act as knowledge expert for the Volunteer Toolkit and Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
- Assists with council programs (Sleepover Under the Stars, New Leader Orientations) and takes lead on assigned aspects of such programs
- Promotes and supports the direction of council and national initiatives, working to create buy-in and adoption among volunteers
- Provides oversight and accountability for complying with council policies and procedures, including finances and governance.
- Keeps current on all council information and messaging that is offered to volunteers; act as a broker to distribute information between council staff and volunteers as needed.
- Provide excellent customer care and follow-up with volunteers.
- Develop internal relationships to ensure cross functional projects are delivered as needed – working with other departments to provide an integrated delivery system to the volunteers, program delivery, and training for the area.
- Other Duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work well with people, network with volunteers and employees
- Training and Onboarding of Volunteer
- Volunteer Management
- Experience of working with and supporting underserved communities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Proven organizational skills required
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with a team and independently
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize each
- Ability to meet designated deadlines
- Volunteer Experience in Girl Scouting
- Salesforce Knowledge
- First Aid/ CPR Instructor Certification
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience in managing multiple people and cultures, including communicating, delegating, and supporting
- Must be Microsoft proficient
- Willingness or ability to work flexible hours, including some nights and weekends
- Requires the physical mobility to sit or walk for moderate periods of time and to occasionally carry or lift objects weighing up to 30 pounds.
*Must successfully complete a criminal, motor vehicle and credit background check.