Engagement and Partnership Specialist
- Experience Level
OMPT is seeking an Engagement and Partnership Specialist to join our team!
Founded in 2008, OMPT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation based in Chico CA.
One Mobile Projector per Trainer (OMPT) provides equipment and training for staff of non government organizations and charities and/or front line extension workers in developing countries to create behavior change communication videos and screen them in rural, hard-to-reach locations.
OMPT's mission is to help in educate the world’s poorest billion people through low-cost video technology.
We envision a world where electricity, illiteracy, location, language and materials are no longer barriers to positive social change. Through locally created video instruction, small improvements in knowledge dissemination can fuel this progress for individuals and communities.
We are seeking a unique individual to fulfill the outreach needs of our nonprofit company and who will participate in our mission to change the world with video technology.
If you possess the following traits, you may be a great candidate!
- Have high level verbal and written skills to accurately and persuasively express our value proposition to our program clients and donors via Skype, email and in-person.
- Have the ability to travel up to 2 weeks at a time abroad to help conduct 4 day video education workshops for our clients.... (our workshop attendees are typically 25-30 staff members from various non government organizations, charities, and ministries of government serving poor communities in developing countries.) Our partners have included UNICEF, CARE, International Rescue Committee, and Save the Children among others.
- Have a compassionate heart desiring to help some of the poorest communities in the world and change their lives for the better through low cost technology and education.
Actively promote our value proposition to partners (abroad) and donors (in the US).
Assist in conducting video workshops for our clients in developing countries.
Engage in fulfilling work by promoting change to make the world a better place.
Major Duties / Responsibilities:
- Generate program prospects/sell the organization's services for a fee
- Generate donor prospects/solicit donations
- Conduct outbound calls to partners and donors.
- Provide reports as scheduled or requested
- Conduct video workshops abroad (involves lectures and video production instruction).
- Travel to developing countries
- Assist in conducting video education workshops
- Visit donors mainly in Bay Area (San Francisco)
Experience / Knowledge Requirements:
Proven account management skills (2 years)
Video production knowledge and experience (2 years)
Exceptional verbal and written skills.
Excellent communication and presentation skills
Capable of working with diverse populations
Command of Google Drive, G Suite
Reports to the Executive Director.
The company provides full medical benefits.
We have an entrepreneurial corporate culture with a professional team atmosphere.
Please send resume', cover letter and references.