Volunteer Program Manager
2 days left
- Experience Level
Volunteer Program Manager- August 2019
Park Pride is an Atlanta-based nonprofit founded in 1989. Our mission is to engage communities to activate the power of parks. We value the wisdom of local experience. Community is at the center of the work we do. Most of our programs and services focus on fostering engagement at the local level to support local neighborhood parks within the cities of Atlanta, Tucker and Brookhaven as well as DeKalb County.
Park Pride is seeking a dynamic individual with a passion for community engagement and project management. The Volunteer Program Manager is part of Park Pride’s Community Building team and is responsible for the management and coordination of the Volunteer Program across Park Pride’s entire service area. This is a supervisory role, managing the Volunteer Program Associate, with direct responsibilities of scoping, organizing, and overseeing volunteer projects. The Volunteer Program empowers Friends of the Park (FOP) groups to build community through the support of FOP-led park improvement projects and the sharing of best practices related to volunteer management and park stewardship. In support of FOP priorities, the program engages numerous volunteer groups representing corporate, non-profit, student, and community-based organizations to make significant physical improvements to local parks.
This position is full time and operates on a Tuesday - Saturday schedule.
This arrangement is semi-flexible for Saturdays without planned events. This is a very physical position that will require extensive field work 50% or more of the time. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Empower FOP groups to be effective stewards of their parks:
- Coach FOP groups on best practices for volunteer management and park stewardship
- Organize and support trainings and workshops to benefit FOP groups
- Maintain Park Pride’s tool cache and update lending procedures
- Match interested volunteers with appropriate FOP groups
Coordination of Park Pride led volunteer workdays:
- Coordinate/communicate logistics and expectations with volunteer groups, FOP groups, government agencies and partner organizations
- Develop and lead meaningful service projects that align with community park priorities and meet the needs of the volunteer group
- Coordinate all project logistics including: materials, supplies, tools, run of show, parking, etc.
- Develop budgets and coordinate purchase of materials; create and send invoices for reimbursement
- Coordinate with Development team on corporate engagement
- Coordinate, promote, and lead a series of public “Greener Good Volunteer Days”
- Organize and lead projects for 5 to 500 volunteers in a wide variety of stewardship tasks, sometimes across multiple parks
- Ensure compliance with all Park Pride, City of Atlanta, Brookhaven, Tucker, and DeKalb County rules and regulations related to parks
Support of Community Building and organizational initiatives
- Onboard, support, and supervise Volunteer Program Associate
- Inform and execute Adopt-the-Atlanta-BeltLine contract
- Track and report on all program metrics and deliverables
- Collaborate with Community Building team to review and implement strategic plan
- Oversee scheduling of regular truck maintenance
- Support all Park Pride programs and activities as needed
- High energy and passion for Park Pride’s mission and community engagement
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Experience working with volunteers and diverse communities
- Comfortable working outdoors in a range of conditions as well as loading/unloading and moving tools and materials.
- Experience in public speaking, community engagement, and project management
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with team members
- Ability to multitask and maintain a flexible schedule
- Experience with customer service
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- 5+ years of relevant work experience
- Competent in Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving history to drive Park Pride vehicles
- Be able to pass background check
- Be able to lift 50 pounds from the ground
Please submit a resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put “Volunteer Program Manager” in the subject line of the email. No phone calls or in person visits please. The application deadline is August 26th. After the application deadline, you will receive communication about next steps in the process.
Park Pride is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To learn more about Park Pride visit www.parkpride.org.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Recreation / Sports $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Advocacy / Lobbying Recreation / Sports $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Conservation Recreation / Sports $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Program / Project Management Recreation / Sports $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker
- Volunteer Services Recreation / Sports $40,000 - $49,999 Full Time jobs in Tucker