Administrative Associate to CFO/CAO & Finance Team
- Experience Level
TITLE: Administrative Associate to CFO/CAO & Finance Team
CATEGORY: Full-time, Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer / Chief Administrative Officer
OVERVIEW: Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta continues to build a diverse team of highly motivated individuals to develop a strong community of philanthropy and engagement. Federation seeks candidates who are motivated, have a positive attitude, and thrive in an inclusive, dynamic environment.
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The Administrative Associate will provide administrative and project management support to the CFO/CAO and will assist in efficiently managing their workload overseeing Finance, HR, IT, Security, and Facilities. As a positive self-starter, this person will utilize strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with fellow staff, board members, and donors. This individual will also assist with tasks as part of the Finance/Accounting team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Executive Assistance to the CFO/CAO:
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks on behalf of the CFO/CAO, including managing their calendar of appointments and drafting correspondence as needed
- Assist the CFO/CAO with organizing and prioritizing the daily workload; assist in following up on open items to resolution
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the CFO/CAO, with internal and external partners and stakeholders
- Provide support for committee meetings: manage scheduling and invitations, room and food logistics; check calendars, track RSVPs, follow up with non-responders, prepare agendas, etc.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and review them with lead professional prior to distribution
- Gather financial reports and data for Board, Finance & Administration meetings, and Federation leadership from various team members as needed
- Create spreadsheets, documents, and PowerPoint presentations as needed for Finance and Administration Committee and Board Meetings
- Coordinate with lessors and attorneys regarding lease terms and drafting leases, review vendor contracts and MOUs for key terms with guidance from the CFO/CAO
Finance Team Assistance
- Copy/scan checks received daily
- Cross-train on the Accounting Assistant’s tasks as appropriate
- General administrative assistance
- Maintain confidentiality of all donor information
- Develop positive relationships with colleagues, donors, and lay leadership
- Analyze and make suggestions to continually improve efficiency and accuracy of the team’s operations utilizing technology and best practices
- Promote the mission of Federation at all times through superior customer service to internal and external customers and the efficient care and use of all resources
- Provide support to other departments as needed
- Provide superior customer service, communication, and quick response time to internal and external customers
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Minimum 2 years’ experience as an administrative assistant or customer service role. Strong computer skills including proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Flexible, collaborative, and comfortable multi-tasking effectively in a fast-paced environment. Strong planning and prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail. Proven track record of problem-solving and meeting deadlines. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to positively and successfully interact with all members of the organization including colleagues, trustees and donors. Good judgement and problem-solving skills. Exhibits a positive, collaborative, professional demeanor
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Intermittent periods of standing and walking with extended periods of sitting. Must have excellent visual acuity for work with systems and records. Position requires average hearing and verbal ability to communicate with Federation staff, donors, volunteers, vendors, and others. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.