Digital Design Internship
- Degree Level
- Some college
Are you interested in learning new skills while working within an organization that is making a difference in America’s gun violence epidemic? As the Students Demand Action (SDA) Digital Design Intern, you will use design as a powerful tool for social change and will reach millions with our message.
The SDA Digital Design Intern’s primary focus will be to create fresh social and web content for @StudentsDemand that engages, educates, and moves other students to take action. Additionally, you may help out with other design team projects for Everytown and Moms Demand Action. This paid internship runs from September 16 - December 20 (flexible dates) and is limited to 20 hours per week.
In this role you will:
- Update existing SDA design materials, and create new materials to support SDA's social platforms and website
- Attend digital team meetings and contribute to strategy and brainstorms
- Help the creative team in managing information and projects throughout the organization
- Execute design within Everytown brand guidelines
- Support photo shoots, photo editing, and photo research
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as needed
In this role, you will learn:
- How to manage the design process for multiple projects in a fast paced, non-profit environment
- Best design practices
You will have:
- A strong portfolio that shows a solid foundation in typography and form
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps, and major social media platforms
- A knack for creativity and a flexible attitude
- An interest in the gun violence prevention movement
- It would be great if you had: Type animation and video editing skills
ABOUT STUDENTS DEMAND ACTION
Students Demand Action is a national initiative, created by and for teens and young adults, to channel the energy and passion of high school and college-aged students into the fight against gun violence. Students Demand Action volunteers work within their schools and communities to educate their peers, register voters and demand common-sense solutions to this national crisis. Together with Everytown for Gun Safety and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, Students Demand Action volunteers are part of a network of more than 5 million supporters across the nation committed to gun violence prevention. For more information or to get involved visit www.studentsdemandaction.org.
ABOUT MOMS DEMAND ACTION
Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America is a grassroots movement of American mothers fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and protect people from gun violence. Moms Demand Action campaigns for new and stronger solutions to lax gun laws and loopholes that jeopardize the safety of our children and families. Since its inception after the tragedy at Sandy Hook School, Moms Demand Action has established a chapter in every state of the country and, along with Mayors Against Illegal Guns and the Everytown Survivor Network, it is part of Everytown for Gun Safety, the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with nearly five million members and more than 250,000 donors. For more information or to get involved visit www.momsdemandaction.org. Follow us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MomsDemandAction or on Twitter at @MomsDemand
ABOUT EVERYTOWN FOR GUN SAFETY
Everytown is the largest gun violence prevention organization in the country with nearly five million supporters and more than 250,000 donors including moms, mayors, survivors and everyday Americans who are fighting for public safety measures that respect the Second Amendment and help save lives. At the core of Everytown are Mayors Against Illegal Guns, Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America and the Everytown Survivor Network. Learn more at www.everytown.org and follow us at @Everytown.
Candidates who identify as members of historically underrepresented groups are highly encouraged to apply. A diverse workforce and open culture are at the heart of our organization and vital to our success.