- Experience Level
Job Title/Job Code: Grants Manager
Department: Financial Development
Branch: Leadership & Learning Center
Supervisor: Amanda Minix, Director of Development
Nature and Scope:
Under the direction of the Director of Development, the Grants Manager works collaboratively with the grants team and program staff on stewardship and post-award compliance for grants that provide vital financial support for YMCA programs. The Grants Manager provides project management, technical assistance, and coordination in collaboration with team members in operations, finance, and financial development to ensure that programs are achieving agreed-upon grant deliverables and outcomes and that success is communicated externally to institutional funders.
The Leadership & Learning Center is located at 569 Martin Luther King Jr. Drive, Atlanta, GA.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nonprofit project management, grants management or program leadership
- Strong project management skills: highly skilled at planning, organizing, and leading multiple projects, establishing priorities, and meeting tight deadlines on a weekly basis in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand, communicate, prioritize, and comply with reporting requirements
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with YMCA executives and program staff to maximize collaboration and steward grant funding for continued fundraising success
- Ability to coordinate collection of relevant information from multiple departments
- Ability to identify challenges and think creatively to provide solutions
- Excellent attention to detail, follow-through, and execution on grant obligations
- Strong computer proficiency with excellent command of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively use fundraising and grants management software
- Experience managing program budgets
Bachelor’s degree required.
- Work collaboratively with the grants team and other departments to provide full post-award grants management ensuring grant milestones, achievements, participation numbers, outcomes, grant spend-down, and other metrics of grants management success are executed on time, efficiently, and with quality
- With Development Manager, Grants and Capital Campaigns, manage grant reporting calendar
- Manage post-award grants database
- Manage the grants team’s data and outcomes
- Ensure compliance with rules and regulations administered by grantor in grant awards and contracts
- Provide support for other projects as identified by Director of Development.
- Experience working across departments in a large, complex organization
- Experience managing the post-award process for government grants
- Experience managing a grants calendar and supporting a team of grant writers.
EFFECT ON END RESULT: This position has a primary impact on the overall effectiveness of the [insert departments] and the success of programs and services to the community. The effectiveness of this position is primarily measured by the sound department administration, the stated satisfaction of staff and members and a sound fiscal position of those departments.
Ergonomics: Sitting, bending, stooping, standing, 15% repetitive keyboard work, seeing, verbal communications, lift up to 25 pounds.
More searches like this
- Accounting / Finance Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Development / Fundraising Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Research Youth Development $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta