- Experience Level
The Facilities Administrator is responsible for the oversight and coordination of the facilities operation, maintenance program and recommendation of related policies and best practices to support Shallowford’s mission.
• Part-time position (30 hours per week)
• Works during regular weekday business hours, with some availability for special programs and events
• Eligible for paid holidays and other leave consistent with Personnel Manual
• Reports to the Senior Pastor/Head of Staff
• Supervise Facilities Manager as well as applicable support staff and/or independent contractors (including kitchen Management service providers).
• Establish a proactive preventative maintenance program, which includes preparation of a database of equipment and systems, scheduling and recording preventative maintenance on equipment and systems (HVAC, fire suppression, AV). Advise finance and facilities committees of necessary funding to plan for future obsolescence, replacement and other long range plans.
• In coordination with the Senior Pastor and Session, serve as manager of building use policies and agreements, and emergency procedures documentation. Manage building use contractual arrangements with outside groups.
• In coordination with Facilities Committee, church staff, and other committees (Welcoming, Youth, etc.), oversee long-term safety and security programs to include physical safety and security assets (access control, first aid, defibrillators and other physical security assets).
• Coordinate with Facilities Manager, other staff and committee members to implement best practices in regard to facility operation to include set-up requests and maintenance requests.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in facilities management and maintenance, including supervisory experience
• Strong organizational and communication skills as they relate to the day-to-day operations of a 1000- member multi-generational church facility
• Self-starting, attention to detail and ability to follow-up as well as manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office product suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and/or Google equivalents
• Ensure the church’s operational readiness through leadership and oversight of facilities support staff.
• Oversee facilities use, including coordination of facilities calendar and adherence to church policy (day-to-day coordination of facilities maintenance falls to the Facilities Manager).
• Oversee selection and contracting of all facilities vendors, including service contracts (HVAC, elevators, pest control, landscaping, audio visual, security, etc.) and property and casualty insurance.
• Oversee implementation of thermostat manager software to include input, education, and communication with staff and facility users.
• Supervise development and management of the annual facilities budget and kitchen maintenance budget in partnership with staff and respective committees.
• Serve as facilities staff liaison to the Shallowford Presbyterian School.
• Serve as primary contact for insurance claims.
• Attend weekly staff meetings as well as applicable meetings of Session committees.
Support Resources: Head of Staff; Personnel Committee; Chairpersons of the Facilities, Finance, Admin, and Communications Committees
Applications & Nominations: Applications and nominations should be directed to:
Danielle Lawn, Office Administrator