- Degree Level
- Some college
Action Ministries, Inc.
Job Position: Intake Specialist
Job Purpose: To support the needs of AMI’s Rapid Re-Housing clients. This position works with the Director of Housing Services to provide case management services, assistance with rental and housing stability and linkages to supportive services that result in long-term success thus ending homelessness for families.
Rate of Pay: $14 p/h 25 hours per week
Task - % of Time
Respond to callers through AMI’s intake line and Homeless 311 call center. Manage Housing emails and provide follow up to perspective clients. - 60%
Prepare and facilitate intake with eligible clients. Input client enrollments into HMIS system. Update ineligible list, outreach logs, and current client status logs. - 30%
Attend Coordinated entry meetings as required. Maintain an updated resource guide for all counties within service area. - 10%
Position Title: Intake/Outreach Coordinator
Program Locations Defined: Metro Atlanta
Reports to: CE and HMIS Program Manager
To support the needs of AMI’s Rapid Re-Housing programs. This position works with the Coordinated Entry and HMIS Data systems’ Program Manager to ensure that program applicants are screened for program eligibility and processed for enrollment in AMI’s Housing Programs.
Evaluator: VP of Programs
Action Ministries Mission:
Action Ministries mobilizes communities to address the challenges of poverty by focusing on hunger relief, housing and education.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Schedule and conduct intake and follow-up appointments with program applicants, including screenings via telephone, in person, and in the field at homeless shelters and other outreach/recruitment sites.
• Understand and communicate the program’s eligibility and admission criteria to potential enrollees.
• Assess households’ immediate service needs, providing referrals when necessary for immediate services.
• Document intake screenings and maintain records for each applicant and enrolled participant.
• Collect required documentation for program enrollment and scan documents for digital archiving.
• Assemble intake reports including spreadsheets to summarize data, responsible for the accuracy of these reports.
• Responsible for the tracking of agency referrals
• Weekly Outreach required- Overseeing and updating of the Status and Outreach Logs
• Participate in team meetings and events.
• Participate and related events.
• Completion of other tasks as assigned by Program Manager (Data Systems Coordinated Entry) and Director.
• Prepare formal letters and enclosures for distribution to applicants and referral sources.
Skills, Attributes, & Qualifications:
• 2 Year’s Custom Service Experience
• Ability to respond quickly in crisis situations
• Strong ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
• Solid organizational skills/strong communication and writing skills required.
• Willingness to attend occasional events outside of normal business hours.
• High energy level to complete assigned work and meet deadlines.
• Valid Driver’s License, reliable vehicle, and ability to drive within a multi-county service area
• Ability to effectively resolve conflict and cope with crisis situations.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc).
Action Ministries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.