- Experience Level
TITLE: Administrative Associate
CATEGORY: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
DEPARTMENT: Community Planning and ALEF
REPORTS TO: Chief Impact Officer and ALEF Fund Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: As Jewish Atlanta continues to boom, Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta intends to play a bold and creative role. We are seeking a motivated, flexible, detail-oriented and proactive Associate to join our team. You will work with a passionate team of Federation professionals to increase the impact of the organization’s work here in Atlanta as well as in Israel and overseas. The Associate will support our Chief Impact Officer and also our ALEF Fund Manager who oversees a fund to provide scholarships to pre-k, kindergarten, primary, and/or secondary public school students who wish to attend participating Jewish preschools, day schools and high schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management for ALEF Fund
- Serve as a primary contact to respond to and resolve complex administrative issues pertaining to donors
- Perform a variety of administrative/office support tasks; including answering telephones, filing, copying, data entry, and typing
- Troubleshoot issues for contributors and schools
- Verify accuracy and process applications from donor pledges
- Manage multiple databases on an ongoing basis
- Review and process scholarships from schools
- Work with GA Dept. of Revenue on applications submissions, tax filing, and funding process
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, on a timely basis with school and state personnel on fundraising and scholarship issues
- Troubleshoot issues for contributors and schools; assist in resolving administrative discrepancies
- Work with JFGA staff (accounting, management, A/R, A/P) to ensure timely processing of transactions and financial reporting for ALEF Fund
Executive Assistance for Chief Impact Officer
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks on behalf of the Chief Impact Officer, including managing an extremely active calendar of appointments, drafting correspondence and processing department invoices.
- Provide project support including materials preparation and creation, file management, data entry, qualitative information synthesis/analysis and presentation, and other duties as assigned.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the Chief Impact Officer, with partners and stakeholders both internal and external on matters related to the organization.
- Respond to community inquiries via email or phone.
- Provide support for committee meetings: manage scheduling and invitations, checking calendars, tracking RSVPs, room logistics, food, follow up with non-responders, copies, table tents, name tags.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s or bachelor’s degree, minimum 2 years full-time related work experience within a nonprofit or customer service-oriented organization. Experience with multi-line phone systems, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to manage difficult conversations. Understanding and commitment to the Jewish community. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficient computer skills. Ability to multi-task and exercise sound judgment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: While performing the duties of this position, the employee will be frequently required sit for long periods of time, stand and walk, communicate verbally, and have strong hearing skills. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.