Online Community Coordinator
- Experience Level
Opportunity Finance Network (OFN) is a leading national network of CDFIs (community development financial institutions) headquartered in Washington D.C. In pursuit of our mission to align capital with social, economic, and political justice, OFN supports its 270+ member CDFIs with money, strength, and voice to drive transformational change in underserved rural, urban, and Native communities nationwide.
OFN builds the strength of its membership and other CDFIs through financial products and services, events, training, research, policy advocacy, and visibility. CDFIs deliver responsible, affordable finance to markets that mainstream banks do not serve.
To learn more, visit www.ofn.org
People who work at OFN come from a variety of professional and academic backgrounds. Be a part of our growing diverse, highly committed, skilled and collaborative staff who are guided by the following values:
- Passion for the mission and true believer in our core purpose.
- Courage to be a fearless advocate who is confident and resilient in our fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Smart, quick seekers of knowledge who thrive on creating and developing new strategies, products, and programs for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Desire to be a collaborative team player who possesses humility and a willingness to lean in all areas of our work.
Position Summary and Essential Functions:
The Online Community Coordinator will drive the adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect. Our ideal candidate will be a relationship builder, have familiarity with the CDFI industry, understand the potential of a robust online community, and able to develop engaging content and build relationships with OFN members.
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Drive adoption and engagement in OFN’s online community – CDFI Connect-- coordinating with managers and stakeholders across the organization to ensure its effectiveness and providing superior quality of customer service and support to members.
- Oversee all technical aspects of the online community, including working with vendor (Higher Logic) to address, resolve, and communicate issues related to the features and functionality of the platform.
- Develop community-wide communications and engagement strategy and content programming plan.
- Engage with the CDFI Connect community by programming posts that will drive conversation, connect members with shared interests, identify and recognize top contributors.
- Ensure that the user experience on CDFI Connect is simple, clear, and engaging.
- Work closely with colleagues in program management business lines to develop tactical plans to build and support community among their constituents.
- Monitor discussions, resource postings, and trends within CDFI Connect.
- Identify and report trends in usage and advise on potential opportunities.
- Create, develop, and maintain community training resources, guidelines and policies.
- Train OFN staff on how to participate and engage in the community.
- Grow the size and impact of CDFI Connect.
- Bachelor’s degree. In lieu of a Bachelor’s degree, 5-7 years of direct professional communications experience.
- 3-5 years of professional communications experience preferably within a national membership association or developing and growing large-scale online communities.
- Experience working with digital platforms and website content management systems.
- Experience working with professional social media, email marketing and management software experience.
- A strong passion for, understanding of, and commitment to OFN’s mission, vision and values. Familiarity with the CDFI industry strongly preferred where one can be a fearless advocate, who is confident and resilient in OFN’s fight to drive capital into low-income communities.
- Exceptional communication skills in public and private settings both in presentation and written formats.
- A collaborative team player who possess good interpersonal skills to work across all levels of the organization, humility, and a willingness to learn in all areas of our work.
- Smart, quick seeker of knowledge with the ability to think strategically, creatively, and tactically to analyze results and assist in implementing plans for increasing capital to communities we serve.
- Ability to assist with online publishing and ability to assist senior staff with adapting content for social media, blog posts, and forums as well as a diverse audience.
- Strong project planning skills, keen attention to details, and ability to manage multiple projects with ease.
- Ability to set priorities and follow through on challenging situations with a supervisor, and effectively manage time under moderate supervision.
- Light to moderate travel required (5-15% of time).
- No extraordinary physical requirements beyond ability to travel.
- Knowledge of Higher Logic community platform a plus.
Supervisor’s Title: EVP, Membership FLSA Status: Exempt